Do you really need the corporate data plan?

Warner

Reaction score
Hey all....I ordered a HTC Incredible the other day, and if I'm lucky I'll have it in a MONTH. Whew! Anyway, I have what I hope will be a simple question. When choosing which data plan I wanted, of course I chose the $30 a month one instead of the $45 corporate one. Having said that, I DO want to synch it up with our corporate Exchange server. Am I NOT able to do that with the $30 data plan? I could always use the browser and OWA, but I'd MUCH prefer to synch with our Exchange server. Can anyone tell me if that's possible with the $30 data plan?

Thanks much,

Warner

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not needed. 30 plan does it all.

psrumors

Reaction score
I had the $45 plan with my BlackBerry. Moved to the Droid and kept the $45 plan and then read here it wasn't needed. I dropped to the $30 plan a week ago and have had no issues.

I too connect to an exchange server at work.

OP
W

Warner

Reaction score
Thanks guys....I kinda' figured that. So what DOES the $45 plan get you? Just $15 a month less in your pocket? When I asked the customer service rep at Verizon about this, she didn't really provide any useful answers and I could tell that she didn't KNOW the answer...which is why I asked here.

Warner

psrumors

Reaction score
I think the $45 plan is geared more towards the BB user needing Verizon's sync service. VZ doesn't bother explaining this and thus quite a few people end up getting the $45 service because it is labeled as "business e-mail".

br91655

Reaction score
I had the $45 plan with my BlackBerry. Moved to the Droid and kept the $45 plan and then read here it wasn't needed. I dropped to the $30 plan a week ago and have had no issues.

What does this say? Verizon is charging people $15 for absolutely nothing.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

What does this say? Verizon is charging people $15 for absolutely nothing.

Yup. In fact, on my last phone I was charged the higher rate and VZW refunded (after much negotiation on my part) about $300 in illegitimate charges.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The 45$ plan is more of a company plan.

OP
W

Warner

Reaction score
I think you're right, psrumors......THAT'S the distinction. I remember way back in the day we tried that VZ Manager thing for our email pushes to our remote sales force. It was a pain. But you're right....I think that's what you pay the extra $15 for. If you already have an OWA server set up, the $30 plan should be good to go. Thanks for jogging my memory!

Warner