4.7 inch display packin’ HTC Runnymede exposed with Beats Audio in tow?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
This is crazy, I'm going to have to write all of these names down to keep track!

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I'm calling a bluff on this one, a 4.7 inch phone, really now? Almost tablet size, htc is not gonna make a huge phone, theywant to sell phones not make busts, I mean who's gonna buy thathuge of a phone besides shaq, then the subpar specs, when phones are nowgetting 1gb this gets 756 mb and a wvga screen for the 4.7 incher, no, this is allmade up and all you have to do is look at the name, Runnymede? I can make a better name for a beta phone. Fake not real, people use your brains

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im just curious why ya think that? Its definitely not a phone (In regards to the size) I would get... just curious..

Really just because of the comments that have been made here... it's just a little bit bigger than the biggest rumored phone (4.65), it has less ram than all of the rumored top tier phones, it's been labled with beats, the resolution for a screen that size doesn't sound to appealing, and the name just sounds like joke too. It could all be legit, just seems like most aspects of the phone have people scratching their head for one reason or another.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Yeah but VZW has had a long run with having some of the best Android phones available exclusively. The other carriers were bound to start bidding on some of these high end phones. Verizon will get their share of the top dogs again soon enough.

You are right , after the OG Droid VZ had the best Android phones available , like the Galaxy S , which it got couple months after the rest of the world , Evo 4G which it got one year later as the Thunderbolt , Atrix and Photon 4G which he's going to get ... half year later , best vanilla Android developer phones like Nexus One and Nexus S , which he never got , 3D phones like Evo 3D , first dual core phones , the amazing and super fast HTC Sensation 4G , G2x and Galaxy S2 . Hope you enjoy your dual core 4G Verizon phone , oh , wait , it doesn't have one yet . Let's face it VZ is way behind providers from third world countries in regards to new phones .

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are right , after the OG Droid VZ had the best Android phones available , like the Galaxy S , which it got couple months after the rest of the world , Evo 4G which it got one year later as the Thunderbolt , Atrix and Photon 4G which he's going to get ... half year later , best vanilla Android developer phones like Nexus One and Nexus S , which he never got , 3D phones like Evo 3D , first dual core phones , the amazing and super fast HTC Sensation 4G , G2x and Galaxy S2 . Hope you enjoy your dual core 4G Verizon phone , oh , wait , it doesn't have one yet . Let's face it VZ is way behind providers from third world countries in regards to new phones .

yes hence me saying HAD some of the best, most of those phones are newer within the last 6 months. Before that VZW had some of the better Android phones.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
My point is, it's a pattern, VZW started out killing the competition with the Droid line and then other carriers upped their game to acquire similar or better phones. Now VZW is in a holding pattern for the next month or so.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score

Have to agree,ihave verizon but they do have a mediocre line up of phones,I have the droid 3, the NEWEST phone from Verizon up to date and its a 3G dual core phone, kick ass specs but 3G. I mean like said, Verizon is waiting ona dual core 4g phone when, the photon,g2x, sensation, and many more have already came out. Now if they had the Vigor, Bionic, and Prime., thatwould be a bad*** line up of dual core 4g phones, but doubt it anytime soon if at all.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The name Runnymede is used a lot... Country Clubs, Lakes, etc etc ... and you may be right, it may be made up, specs may be wrong or whatever. But, if it turns out to be true, its not gonna kill anyone. Maybe they are appealing to a specific demographic. As with all new devices, no one knows for sure until its in one of our hands.. We just report what we see and everyones opinion is more then welcome. Like I said before, it wouldn't be something for me either. Specs change, names change, anything could change, so alls we can do is wait and see what develops, until then we just gotta go with the info we have...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The name Runnymede is used a lot... Country Clubs, Lakes, etc etc ... and you may be right, it may be made up, specs may be wrong or whatever. But, if it turns out to be true, its not gonna kill anyone. Maybe they are appealing to a specific demographic. As with all new devices, no one knows for sure until its in one of our hands.. we just report what we see and everyones opinion is more then welcome. Like I said before, it wouldn't be something for me either. Specs change, names change, anything could change, so alls we can do is wait and see what develops, until then we just gotta go with the info we have...

Plus we are assuming the average consumer cares about specs, which is definitely not the case at all.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Plus we are assuming the average consumer cares about specs, which is definitely not the case at all.

You are correct and I'm gonna ad one more thing before I call it a night, the source, DJunio, he's usually pretty accurate with his information, so who knows.. best we can do is take the info we have now with a grain of salt and let it play out..

smokiedabong

Reaction score
My point is, it's a pattern, VZW started out killing the competition with the Droid line and then other carriers upped their game to acquire similar or better phones. Now VZW is in a holding pattern for the next month or so.

No , VZ never killed it's competition with the phones , the only advantage it had was a better network . Remember , even when they released the OG Droid , it was released as an alternative for the iPhone on VZ , the best phone that everybody wanted at the time was the iPhone , and VZ didn't had it .

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Ok, I don't think 4.5 or even 4.3 is too big, but 4.7? That's really pushing it. Seriously, if I wanted that, I'd just use a Dell Streak as a phone...

Snow02

Reaction score
But when ICS comes out, I imagine we will see some larger screens while using the same overall dimensions, as the buttons will be removed, freeing up some real estate.

nikecar

Reaction score

The name Runnymede is used a lot... Country Clubs, Lakes, etc etc ... and you may be right, it may be made up, specs may be wrong or whatever. But, if it turns out to be true, its not gonna kill anyone. Maybe they are appealing to a specific demographic. As with all new devices, no one knows for sure until its in one of our hands.. We just report what we see and everyones opinion is more then welcome. Like I said before, it wouldn't be something for me either. Specs change, names change, anything could change, so alls we can do is wait and see what develops, until then we just gotta go with the info we have...

To both of you, I'm not talking in the real world, as the brits have some weird azzed names for stuff, but clubs, townships, etc are fine.

For a phone?

"Yo, I want the new HTC Runnymede please" It doesn't roll off the tongue in terms of phone names.