4.7 inch display packin’ HTC Runnymede exposed with Beats Audio in tow?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Well it looks like HTC is on a roll with word just being released of yet another high-end phone.

(Hmm timing?)

We got some specs on this new phone comparable to the Vigor from our friends over at AndroidMixer, here are the specs they are showing, the phone, called the HTC Runnymede will join the HTC Vigor with Beats Audio and impressive specs. It features a huge 4.7 inch display with 480×800 pixels, 768MB of RAM, Beats by Dr. Dre, 1.5GHZ dual-core processor, 8MP camera and a 1.3MP front facing camera.

There’s also DLNA, HTC Sense 3.5, Beats Headphones and 16GB of storage. HTC is bringing it this fall/winter.

HTC Runnymede exposed with Beats Audio in tow?

Last edited:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Seriously, if I want a huge screen I'll buy a tablet. Who's hands and pockets are they building these phones for? Andre the Giant?

Snow02

Reaction score
They'll keep increasing them until they stop selling. People used to say a 4.3 in. screen was way too big, but look around.

I do agree though, 4.7 sounds like it's approaching the tipping point. However, I'd have to reserve passing judgment until using one. If they can achieve drastic bezel reductions it may work.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
They'll keep increasing them until they stop selling. People used to say a 4.3 in. screen was way too big, but look around.

I do agree though, 4.7 sounds like it's approaching the tipping point. However, I'd have to reserve passing judgment until using one. If they can achieve drastic bezel reductions it may work.

True, if the screen is truly edge to edge it wouldn't seem so massive.

manellis

Reaction score
It features a huge 4.7 inch display with 480×800 pixels, 768MB of RAM, Beats by Dr. Dre, 1.5GHZ dual-core processor, 8MP camera and a 1.3MP front facing camera.

Wow, and wvga resolution at that size? That's going to be annoying. And 768 mb of ram when other new phones are at 1 gb? Strange choice. I was really hopeful for the Vigor after the SGSII news, now I guess it's Prime or bust. Verizon is really getting dominated with regards to phones right now.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, and wvga resolution at that size? That's going to be annoying. And 768 mb of ram when other new phones are at 1 gb? Strange choice. I was really hopeful for the Vigor after the SGSII news, now I guess it's Prime or bust. Verizon is really getting dominated with regards to phones right now.

Yeah but VZW has had a long run with having some of the best Android phones available exclusively. The other carriers were bound to start bidding on some of these high end phones. Verizon will get their share of the top dogs again soon enough.

anuraj1

Reaction score
4.7 inches is one thing. but 4.7 inch display at 480x800? That's gonna look awful!

nikecar

Reaction score
Runnymede? Wtf is up.with that name?

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.