4.0.4 Stock Rom Available for the CDMA Verizon version of The Galaxy Nexus!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

[FONT=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Yesterday google pushed the 4.0.4 update to AOSP. Google did begin to rollout this update to several devices such as the Motorola XOOM, The Nexus S, and the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus. The LTE Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus will not receive the update for the next couple of weeks. Who needs the carriers or the manufactures to roll out an update when you have the Android Community hard at work to deliver you what you want! MrBirdman of Rootzwiki worked all day yesterday to have out a flashable build of the new update for the LTE version of the Galaxy Nexus! The install is very easy. The only requirement is that your phone be unlocked, it is rooted, and it has clockworkmod recovery installed. From there its as easy as flashing any other Rom.

Just Download the file to your device
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache
install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard (navigate to the 4.0.4 rom and select it)
in the same session intall gapps, and root, and dictfix.zip

Then enjoy your freshly updated Nexus Device no thanks to Verizon!

Grab your files via Rootzwiki and thank @MrBirdman
[/FONT]​

kinfolk248

Reaction score
why so many differ downloads and installs? its like three or four of them....the rom, gapps, supersu, dictionary....??? why so many instead of just two - rom and gapps?

and i heard kernel source isnt include, so is it best just to wait till that drops then do all at once, roms, etc?

lol im flashing something...!!

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
why so many differ downloads and installs? its like three or four of them....the rom, gapps, supersu, dictionary....??? why so many instead of just two - rom and gapps?

and i heard kernel source isnt include, so is it best just to wait till that drops then do all at once, roms, etc?

lol im flashing something...!!

This works with the 4.0.3 kernel so might as well flash now

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

blacksoxing

Reaction score
So the 4.0.4 that I have now on my phone....is that fake 4.0.4???

Can someone explain to me what's going on?

Additionally, is there a channel log of the "real" 4.0.4 updates that I should be getting compared to the version I have now?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

Additionally, is there a channel log of the "real" 4.0.4 updates that I should be getting compared to the version I have now?

As far as I know, the 4.0.4 that has been out was a leaked version and the one that just came out is the full official one just ported to the cdma/lte version of the nexus

SniperDroid

Reaction score
If you want plain, vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich, snatch this one up! If you want melt in your mouth, Supertasting whatever your mind wants it to be, all flavors Ice Cream Sandwich, go find Roman's AOKP build and enjoy!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

No, the one you have now (the previous leak) was just that, a leak. Most likely an unfinished/unpolished version that was never meant to see the light of day. Notice the version number on each, the current version is IMM76D and the leaked version was IMM30B. That's a huge jump and I'd be willing to bet there's a fair amount of tweaks and bug fixes that come along with the source release.

I ran the leak for several weeks before returning to AOKP (only because I missed my customizations) and it was in my opinion, a drastic improvement over 4.0.3. I'm very excited to try out the current source release since I've been hearing nothing but praise. Once all the custom roms get merged, devs should have some fun with it.

techinv

Reaction score
Anyone else noticing some weirdness after applying this?

I seem to only get gray bars for my wifi and 3g, although I don't seem to have any trouble connecting to anything. One small plus here is that the switchover from wifi to 3g seems to be much smoother than before.

Also, can't seem to get Google Video and Youtube to install.

52brandon

Reaction score
I've been on the AXIOM Driven 4.0.4 AOSP since it dropped a couple nights ago. It doesn't have all the fanciness of his other builds (yet), but it's quite smooth and fast