3G Throttle Hack???

jcolt

Reaction score
I have read a couple of posts about the 3G Throttle hack for certian roms. I have a rooted DX but am running the stock rom. Is there a hack to remove the 3G throttle which will increase my download / upload bandwith if I am on the stock rom or do I have to flash a rom (liberty, gummyjar, etc.)?

Thanks,

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I have read a couple of posts about the 3G Throttle hack for certian roms. I have a rooted DX but am running the stock rom. Is there a hack to remove the 3G throttle which will increase my download / upload bandwith if I am on the stock rom or do I have to flash a rom (liberty, gummyjar, etc.)?

Thanks,

You have to be on liberty or gummyjar.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^not true^^ all it is is altering the services.jar file. You can do it for any setup. Go over to Droid X Forum and jump in the apex thread I sent. You can post your services.jar and snow02 can alter it.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
^^not true^^ all it is is altering the services.jar file. You can do it for any setup. Go over to Droid X Forum and jump in the apex thread I sent. You can post your services.jar and snow02 can alter it.

The only one I have seen so far is for liberty and gummy jar. If there is another one I am not aware of it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Reaction score

The only one I have seen so far is for liberty and gummy jar. If there is another one I am not aware of it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid Xer is correct. It also works in Apex131 and stock/deodexed form. Here is the link to the thread:

[MOD] Uncapped Data/No Throttle for Apex 1.3/1.31 and Stock Deodexed 2.2.1 only

OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
Droid-Xer & mikeinrichmond thank you!! Really appreciate your help. Going to back up and flash the zip.