3g simultaneous voice and data

soccerdude77

Reaction score
I've seen posts here and there but no confirmation yet as to whether or not the nexus does simultaneous voice and data on 3g. I really need to know because this is a deal breaker for me. I live out in the country in TN and I get good 3g but no 4g. I enjoy 4g whenever I go to the city but at home I need simultaneous voice and data on 3g. I currently have a thunderbolt which does it but I am looking to switch to a better phone.

If anyone can confirm this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Tbolt and the rezound are the only phones able to do voice/data over 3g. The other devices can do it if they are over lte but the moment they drop below 4g you lose data. And given right now the gnexus has bad reception for many and is bouncing between lte and 3g you could go from having data one minute to not having it the next.

kuuler

Reaction score
The only way it would work for you with a 3g connection is if you were connected to WiFi.

I've seen posts here and there but no confirmation yet as to whether or not the nexus does simultaneous voice and data on 3g. I really need to know because this is a deal breaker for me. I live out in the country in TN and I get good 3g but no 4g. I enjoy 4g whenever I go to the city but at home I need simultaneous voice and data on 3g. I currently have a thunderbolt which does it but I am looking to switch to a better phone.

If anyone can confirm this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

OP
S

soccerdude77

Reaction score
That would be nice if I could be connected to wifi but I don't even have DSL where I live. I live in a rural area where the only thing available is dial-up or a very expensive Hughes Net. That's another reason I liked the Nexus was because I could root and then use wifi tether to use the internet.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
That would be nice if I could be connected to wifi but I don't even have DSL where I live. I live in a rural area where the only thing available is dial-up or a very expensive Hughes Net. That's another reason I liked the Nexus was because I could root and then use wifi tether to use the internet.

I'm in the same situation with slow internet and no 4G. It's best to stick with the tbolt (unless you upgrade to the slightly better Rezound) to keep the simultaneous data/voice in 3G... or just wait til 2013 when all 3G will be converted to LTE.

OP
S

soccerdude77

Reaction score
I think that might be my best option, to stick with the TB and probably upgrade the battery from the standard battery, unless I can get a deal I can't refuse for the rezound. :frown:

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
dude grab the standard Rezound battery and put it in your thunderbolt. It fits perfectly, and doubled the life for my tbolt. No need to carry two spare batteries any more :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: