3g and 4g lte

alex223

Reaction score
Hello Why does my Bionic gets the 3g signal most of the time? i'm in a 4g lte Area.

fiap

Reaction score
i have the same Issue
I got the phone 4 days ago and the first 3 days i was getting 4G, it just switched in its own to 3G this morning or late last night...

wilboy

Reaction score
Same w/ me here...may be signal doesn't good enough for 4g....may be. :(

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
If you're basing the fact that you're in a "4G area" from looking at Verizon's coverage map, then don't. They color everywhere the 4G color. It attracts business. I almost returned my Bionic because my neighborhood is the 4G color. Not even close; I have to go 12 miles to get into 4G. When I'm in town or at work all is good. Since I've got a fast wifi at home I decided to keep it.

GOOD LUCK.

wilboy

Reaction score
4G seems to be a work in progress, from Verizons end to the Hardware manufacturers end.

I'm not dropping from 4g to 3g in Piscataway,NJ when i turn on my CDMA/LTE(4g) to that place(cuz i work there.).Jaz saying! :)

wseyller

Reaction score
I got to try 4g for the first time. I went to the Carolina Panthers game in Charlotte. The 4g never came on while driving into charlotte. I didn't have a chance to mess with it at that point as I was using my gps. Keep in mind that I did have it set to lte/cmda. I walked about 15 to 20 mins to the stadium area. Stopped to eat at a restaurant. I tried rebooting and finally got the 4g lte symbol. Used it for a few seconds and noticed faster data than normal. Then shortly after the 4g lte symbol went away and 3g symbol didn't even come back but it showed full signal. Eventually I just set it to cdma only and said the hell with it.

Also while at my seat in the stadium I could barely even get 3g to work. Pretty much useless during the whole game. But my wife sitting next to me with a droid 3 was able to use her 3g no problem. After leaving the stadium them my 3g started working again.

I didn't get much time to mess around with it, but I'm a bit dissapointed so far if this is what we are to expect.

jfor

Reaction score
I have a Bionic and a Thunderbolt. Side by side, the Thunderbolt has 3 bars on 4G and my Bionic has full 3G signal. I have called tech support. Did all they asked of me. Verizon and Motorola need to get this fixed ASAP as I am supposed to be deploying a ton Bionics at work.

wooddale

Reaction score
I guess its a known issue with the Bionic which better be fixed with update or they will take this phone back. Im not an expert but from my expierence with my bionic I think its in the Radio. The phone doesnt switch from 3G to 4G very well you have to toogle airplane mode and if you are in a extended service area you have to put it in 3G only. Really sucks paid all that money for a phone that doesnt work as well as my Thunderbolt battery life included if they dont get a fix to make it at lewast as good as the Thunderbolt there gonna give me something better or Ill sue them lol. Wonder how far Ill get with that?

M

Mullensbb

I guess its a known issue with the Bionic which better be fixed with update or they will take this phone back. Im not an expert but from my expierence with my bionic I think its in the Radio. The phone doesnt switch from 3G to 4G very well you have to toogle airplane mode and if you are in a extended service area you have to put it in 3G only. Really sucks paid all that money for a phone that doesnt work as well as my Thunderbolt battery life included if they dont get a fix to make it at lewast as good as the Thunderbolt there gonna give me something better or Ill sue them lol. Wonder how far Ill get with that?

The droid bionics battery life is way better

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
i guess it all depends on how you use your phone. I dont just use my phone I abuse it. I mean I have everything turned on I can and trust me battery life on the Bionic is not a whole lot better. The Thunderbolt is rooted on bamf 1.7. Bionic is stock rooted. I got 12hrs out of the Bionic today but I didnt use it like I usually do spent a lot of time in pouch. I guess what Im trying to say if you use your phone your gonna use battery. there is nothing wrong with the battery its how you use it.

Stories

Reaction score
There are definitely switch off issues with my Bionic. But for the most part, I'm 97% always receiving a good LTE signal. Sometimes, though, it'll stubbornly not change. Not sure what causes it.

wseyller

Reaction score
i guess it all depends on how you use your phone. I dont just use my phone I abuse it. I mean I have everything turned on I can and trust me battery life on the Bionic is not a whole lot better. The Thunderbolt is rooted on bamf 1.7. Bionic is stock rooted. I got 12hrs out of the Bionic today but I didnt use it like I usually do spent a lot of time in pouch. I guess what Im trying to say if you use your phone your gonna use battery. there is nothing wrong with the battery its how you use it.

Well of course. what do you expect. Every android phone I ever had I can burn through the battery in less than an hour if I tried which I have done.