3CX Mobile Device Manager Helps You Keep Track of All Your Important Mobile Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3cx-mobile-device-manager.png

We were fortunate enough to get to check out a very interesting online service from a company called 3CX. Their service is called Mobile Device Manager and it is very practical. It basically helps you keep track of all your mobile devices and more, via their online interface. Although the service could be useful for just about any user, it looks especially powerful for businesses or IT Managers to be able to track all the equipment they dole out to employees, including smartphones and tablets. Here's a quote from their website with an overlay of all their features:

Manage, Support, Secure and Track Your Mobile Devices with Mobile Device Management

3CX Mobile Device Manager is an online service that allows you to easily manage, secure, monitor, find and track your mobile phones, tablets or notebook computers. The main features include:

• Device Tracking – Simple, precise tracking of connected mobile devices using Google Maps
  • Deploy Applications – Manage apps to groups of Android phones
  • Security – Remotely lock or wipe corporate data from abused, lost or stolen devices
  • Administration Portal – Receive alerts, send messages to your mobile devices and audit users

manage-apps.png
manage-your-mobile-devices.png

The service comes with a login portal as well as an Android app on the Android Market for your smartphones. You can get a free account for up to 25 devices! In future articles, we'll show you how we got up and running with 3CX Mobile Device Manager as well as highlight some of the services outstanding features! Here are some links below for even more info:

3CX Mobile Device Manager - Step-by-step guide to get started
3CX Mobile Device Manager - Sign Up Page
3CX Mobile Device Manager - Main Web Page

enkryptik

Reaction score
I just set this up to test the features and I must say I'm impressed. Location is off by half a mile or so but I'm in a building right now so who knows. Tons of features which would benefit companies greatly.
One thing on the account creation...It kept saying invalid characters in account name but didn't say why. Can't have any part of your name or email address in actual account name. If you have some spare time, give this a shot and play around with it.