3CX Mobile Device Manager Enters Beta

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3CX-mobile-device-manager.jpg

Recently, the 3CX Mobile Device Manager team announced that they have taken their hosted mobile device management solution into the Beta stage of development, receiving scalability upgrades and a better all round MDM solution.

If you haven’t already tried out 3CX Mobile Device Manager, we recommend that you do, as it has some great features. Basically, you can link your Android devices with your account and then see where they are at all times, where they’ve been and what apps they have installed. For businesses with many employees using mobile devices, it’s a great tool for managing everything as you can remotely deploy or remove apps from the online dashboard to any number of devices.

The security features are the strongest of the lot – you can remotely lock your phone or tablet if it gets lost, or even remotely wipe the device and any SD cards, making sure that your personal or corporate data is always safe and doesn’t get seen by people you don’t want seeing it!

The 3CX Mobile Device Management team are giving away free accounts from now until the end of the year so hurry and sign up for your free account to start using all the MDM features in your business and/or home.

Saryon

Reaction score
Installed and testing. Thanks for the info DG!

Kinda reminds me of RIM's BES device management web interface.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Pretty interesting app. Two thoughts:

- I thought the "app repository" looked very cool, but it turns out (1) you can only add to it by first manually installing an app through the web interface (i.e., by pasting in the Google Play URL for the target app) and (2) when the URL goes into the repository, it's really only a shortcut. If you then want to install the app from the repository, what happens is the shortcut is sent to the device, which then loads the Play app and queries for installation. So neither an automated nor fully remote process.

- It's great for tracking devices, but (1) it's not clear how the app interacts with GPS and other services while runnng (e.g., it may prevent sleep) and (2) you have to go into settings in the web interface to manually change the tracking/update frequency (in seconds). In particular, there doesn't seem to be a way to do a one-time instant update (other than changing the update setting to 0 seconds and then back to its original value).

Otherwise, it's all good and free is even better! I wonder what happens to the "free" accounts when it leaves beta?

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, it's pretty dumb: only accepts lower case. But once you set up the account you can change it back if you want. :)

-Matt

tommyz

Reaction score
Installed, tried, then uninstalled. I tried to lock my phone with the online interface, it wouldn't work. Sticking with SeekDroid for now.