3500mAh Battery help.....PLEASE!!!!!

HuntleyBill

Reaction score
I have the incredible and I must tell you that the lack of battery life is incredible!!! I purchased a 3500 mAh battery because I have read that with moderate use, you can get 2 days use out of it before charging. I unplugged the phone from the charger this morning at about 8:30 am. By 6 pm the phone was telling me to plug in as the battery is dead!

I only have a few services running such as email, text, etc. I did have blutooth on all day as I need that. I have killed all non-essential tasks. I made 4 phone calls today that were all shorter than 5 min. Other than a few email checks during the day, it stayed in my pocket with the screen off. In my opinion it was very light use.

My question is: Is there a difference in these batteries? In other words, is there a brand that works better than others? Maybe mine is a "less quality" battery. This one is an ion battery but I would expect it to last a lot longer than it has. Or do I need to drain and recharge it a few times to get the "full affect"?

I love this phone but the battery life is killing me!

Please please help. If there is a better brand I should use, what is it? Or is there another problem?
Thank you
Bill

Last edited:

kennydied23

Reaction score
First of all what brand are you using? Like Seidio, Gorilla Gadgets, Mugen, Monaco, no-brand from eBay, etc.? I've heard good things about Gorilla Gadgets and Mugen, and even some like the batteries bought off of eBay.

You should try calibrating your battery. There's an app called battery calibration thats free on the market. It requires root, if you're rooted you should try it out. Charge your battery fully and press calibrate in the app, then run your phone dead, then charge it back up fully without unplugging. Then continue normal usage.