34% of iPhone and 24% of RIM owners think they have 4G

nolanandy

Reaction score
i like how the title of this thread conveniently leaves out the 28% of android users who think they have 4G. iPhone users arent the only fools, trust me haha

and 29% of Android users > %34 of iphone users...I am not sure why some of you laughed at the iphone users. People should laugh at the %24 BB users. RIMM are so behind in the smartphone business, and BB users still think they are GOD

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^The thing is some of the Android users probably did have a 4G phone and knew it tho. I dont think that Android number is that high.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
i like how the title of this thread conveniently leaves out the 28% of android users who think they have 4G. iPhone users arent the only fools, trust me haha

Thats the point.
A good number of Android users DO have 4G. I have seen more people with EVO's than any other phone around.
No iPhone has 4G, so its showing that they believe they have it.
And if I am not mistaken, no BB has 4G either.

Id say 10% of Android users think they have 4G.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thats the point.
A good number of Android users DO have 4G. I have seen more people with EVO's than any other phone around.
No iPhone has 4G, so its showing that they believe they have it.
And if I am not mistaken, no BB has 4G either.

Id say 10% of Android users think they have 4G.

haha, i mean i can throw out a random number too. I'd say of those 29%, 28% don't have 4G (see, doesn't really work does it?). The truth of the matter is Android users who don't have 4G probably think they do just as much as iPhone users do.

This study was done to show that people have no idea what they're buying, but it was conveniently spun by the posters hear to mean that Android users are smarter then users of other platforms. The logical fallacies with that should be obvious (but unfortunately it's not).

Detonation

Reaction score
Gotta love the android fanboyism in here.

"34% of iphone owners? Those idiots!"
"29% of Android owners? Oh those people are the ones with 4g phones"

Wake up people. This isn't supposed to be an anti-apple story, its supposed to show that the average, non tech savvy consumer doesn't really know what 4g is. And with good reason, because "4g" has become all but a marketing term, which is why I am glad Verizon always advertises it as "4g LTE".

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the android fanboyism in here.

"34% of iphone owners? Those idiots!"
"29% of Android owners? Oh those people are the ones with 4g phones"

Wake up people. This isn't supposed to be an anti-apple story, its supposed to show that the average, non tech savvy consumer doesn't really know what 4g is. And with good reason, because "4g" has become all but a marketing term, which is why I am glad Verizon always advertises it as "4g LTE".

exactly. how this got spun into "apple users are such morons" is beyond me. the point of the article was obvious i thought, but i clearly gave too much credit where it wasn't due haha.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So my D1 doesnt have 4g?
I guess thats why the icon in my status bar clearly reads 3g everytime my phone screen comes on...
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol...

You also have a point...arent there indicators for 4G when you are connected to 4G?

Bottom line is the majority of the general public just doesnt know alot about the products they buy.