34% of iPhone and 24% of RIM owners think they have 4G

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'm laughing, hard at this :laugh:
Someone wanna wake up those poor apple sheep up to the real world? Just LOL. I don't usually hate on apple too...I'm betting they're the apple fan(girls/boys) that believe mac and iPhones are the only choice in a world where there are choices.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

TerrenceL

Reaction score
You gotta forgive them. They don't know any better! Silly mortals! Lol!

T-Fleezee's Thunderbolt

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
You really dont have to know much about tech to see that no iPhone has 4G...
Its called an iPhone 4 for a reason.

This just shows the average iPhone user.
They don't know how many better Android phones there are, and they just get whatever the newest iPhone is.

They don't even look at the specs. They just assume the newest iPhone has everything. In that case, 4G.

Lemme guess. When the iPhone 5 releases, how many idiots go showing off there, "5G?"

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Yup lol. Though us android users can actually pass our devices off as 4g, if y'know how. *coughs* metamorph.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Yup lol. Though us android users can actually pass our devices off as 4g, if y'know how. *coughs* metamorph.

Yea. Fakes some people out.
Sadly when using CM7 on my X, I have to re install the icons after every single nightly I upgrade too.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see what percent of the 29% of Android users that indicate that they already have 4G actually have 4G. Ignorance isn't unique to any one smartphone platform despite what the Android fanboys like to claim. Android enthusiasts that frequent discussion forums make up a tiny fraction of the Android market share despite what those enthusiasts seem to think. The majority of any smartphone's user base is average consumers who know little about their devices.

I mean, my father-in-law has a Droid X. He has no clue how to use it. He can barely make calls and text. Don't assume that all Android users are tech geniuses.

So 34% represents the average iPhone user?

They don't know how many better Android phones there are, and they just get whatever the newest iPhone is.
Better is always highly subjective no matter what the topic. It's no different with smartphones. Never assume that your preferences are universal. Your opinion that Android is better doesn't mean that the next person shares the opinion. That should be pretty obvious from looking at the overall smartphone market.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I'd like to see what percent of the 29% of Android users that indicate that they already have 4G actually have 4G. Ignorance isn't unique to any one smartphone platform despite what the Android fanboys like to claim. Android enthusiasts that frequent discussion forums make up a tiny fraction of the Android market share despite what those enthusiasts seem to think. The majority of any smartphone's user base is average consumers who know little about their devices.

I mean, my father-in-law has a Droid X. He has no clue how to use it. He can barely make calls and text. Don't assume that all Android users are tech geniuses.

Better is always highly subjective no matter what the topic. It's no different with smartphones. Never assume that your preferences are universal. Your opinion that Android is better doesn't mean that the next person shares the opinion. That should be pretty obvious from looking at the overall smartphone market.

No. It shows that most iPhone users don't know much at all about phones.

And this years high end Android phones are better.
Whether there better for you is a different story. In terms of specs, they are better phones.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
While I think takeshi does make some valid points, DroidXDoes4G really makes THE point. Apple (and their rabid user base) seems to think that adding a little more chrome, glass, an updated iTunes icon and a micron thinner makes the iPhone more amazing.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
While I think takeshi does make some valid points, DroidXDoes4G really makes THE point. Apple (and their rabid user base) seems to think that adding a little more chrome, glass, an updated iTunes icon and a micron thinner makes the iPhone more amazing.

They don't think it makes it makes it more amazing.
Just more magical and revolutionary. lol. And those two words alone probably pull in tons of customers....

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
another thing to mention is that 1/3 of android users think they have 4G when less then 5% actually have a 4g device.

so it doesn't matter what platform you look at .....there are alot of people that are clueless about their phones and network capabilities.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
another thing to mention is that 1/3 of android users think they have 4G when less then 5% actually have a 4g device.

so it doesn't matter what platform you look at .....there are alot of people that are clueless about their phones and network capabilities.

Where does it say that?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Know what, I'm glad that many Android users think they have a 4G phone..Shows not all Android users are techies...lol. Despite how some ppl seem to think only techies want or like Android.

I thought the iPhone 4 was called iPhone 4G just going by previous models. That was when it was released tho, not now and not thinking it had 4G speeds.

Ppl thinking that now just need to get educated on it, thats all.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i like how the title of this thread conveniently leaves out the 28% of android users who think they have 4G. iPhone users arent the only fools, trust me haha

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

No. It shows that most iPhone users don't know much at all about phones.

And this years high end Android phones are better.
Whether there better for you is a different story. In terms of specs, they are better phones.

Specs are pretty irrelevant. No one cares about phone specs except people on forums like these, and those people represent nowhere even near 5% of total users.

This study just shows what everyone should (but oddly doesn't) already know: that most smartphone users (Android included) are clueless about what they're buying.