3.5mm jack becoming very sensitive

Big Cam

Reaction score
So my 3.5mm jack is becoming really sensative, like if I even twist the headphone plug the right speaker cuts in and out, if I push it back in it usually comes back in, but it's a little annnoying and seems to be getting worse. I don't have insurance and I've had my droid since the end of January, would Verizon consider replacing it, or is this not a big enough deal, adn I can reproduce it as much as I want, sicne it happenes all the time.

Sorry if this is the wrong area, I figured it was better here than the general section.

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience getting an new phone from VZW for this?

huelsebu

Reaction score
I'm on my third Droid because of this issue. The first time I had it replaced in a store, the second time I called and did it over the phone. I would definitely recommend doing it over the phone. When I went in to the store, they wasted like 45 minutes "testing it out" to make sure it was really not working right. They must have tried 5 pairs of headphones and at least 5 audio apps. Over the phone, just tell them you know it's a known issue, and you just want a warranty replacement - took five minutes max.

I used to use headphones between 3 and 6 hours a day, M-F. Each time I started with a new phone, I had no problems with the headphone jack. Over time though, with regular use, I guess something in the connection deteriorates. While I know Vzw has no problem replacing Droids because of this issue, it's a hassle. So I picked up a pair of bluetooth stereo headphones... problem solved!

strobez395

Reaction score
It's an issue, but it also depends what headphones you use, some will click into the jack and you won't have problems (almost positive that apple headphones do this) but i also have some pairs of headphones that will cause this problem. Try apple headphones though, you won't have a problem.