Droid 4's Headphone Jack not Working Properly

Jade_Aurora

Reaction score
I just received a Motorola Droid 4 for work late last week, so I've only had the device for at most four days. I tend to use my phone(s) for streaming internet radio, and with my personal phone (an HTC Rezound) out of commission because, well, the thing's a lemon, I downloaded di.fm onto the Droid. Worked great for the first few days.

Now, however, I'm having an issue. No matter what I plug into the headphone jack, it doesn't seem to register in any way. No notifications pop up, even wiggling around the headphone jack doesn't help, which means it doesn't appear to be a physical issue with the 3.5mm socket itself. This started suddenly with no real build up or prior issues. I've attempted a reboot and power cycle of the phone. I realize a factory reset would probably do the trick, but I would like to avoid that if at all possible. Having to build an Android phone back up from scratch is a massive pain. I've had to send about six phones off for insurance replacements before. (I'm good at getting Lemons.)

Thanks in advance everyone.

-Jade

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try just wiping cache first. If you have to do full reset just back everything up first. I don't know of any shortcuts to make sure that its not a hardware issue.