3.3.1 what say you?

sandfreak

Reaction score
Must say, phone seems snappier with those settings using "autokiller" and so far "widget locker" has been cooperating.

Only problem I have now is a lag with "launcher pro" Sux because it used to be so smooth but somewhere along these multiple UD updates it has started to be sluggish.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I uzed to go back & forth between LP & ADW trying to decide on just one so.I could remove the other simply for the space, overall I just never found myself "impressed" with LP, so I splurged & went one step further & got ADW Ex & Ive never looked back, so far Ive been plenty happy wirh the additional features that Ex has.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I just noticed in your signature that you have listed UD 3.3.1 & Sapphire kernel, with that kernel does your usb tethering work & is your droid able to connect via usb to yer pc & transfer files between the two?

Must say, phone seems snappier with those settings using "autokiller" and so far "widget locker" has been cooperating.

Only problem I have now is a lag with "launcher pro" Sux because it used to be so smooth but somewhere along these multiple UD updates it has started to be sluggish.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Low Memory Manager A Brief Explanation

This in no way is meant to be a techincal description of how androids low memory manager operates, in fact I just wrote this up very quickly in as simple of terms to remind myself on how it works, so im sorry in advance for all the typos.

In laymans terms the following is a brief introduction of what it does how android low memory manager works:

All applications will fall into one of the following 6 catagories: Foreground Apps, Visible Apps, Secondary Server, Hidden Apps, Content Provider, Empty Apps.

Each catagory is assigned a static threshold value and if and when memory levels fall below that value, starting with the least critical catagory "Empty Apps" the os will begin terminating those apps until enough memory becomes available.

Then if memory levels continue to run out, the os will then move onto the next catagory down the line "Content Provider" and begin terminating apps the same way & so on & so until required memory levels are reached.

So say we have the empty apps set at 42mb, content provider set at 32mb, hidden apps set at 28mb, secondary server set at 22mb, visible apps set at 10mb, & forground apps set at 6mb.

So if & or when available memory levels fall below 42mb the os will begin killing apps in the empty app category, & if available memory falls below 32mb the os will begin terminating apps in the content provider, if available memory falls below 28mb hidden apps get killed, if available memory falls below 22mb secondary server apps get killed, if available memory falls below 10mb visible apps get killed & if memory falls below 6mb visible apps begin getting killed.

So its very easy to see how having any of those values set to high can really affect things, not so much in the empty app category (but thats a double edge sword on its own) but if things get down to the bottom 3 is when the user will be most affected.

Now, some say to keep the empty app category set higher, to keep things free which in theory would help to yor droid snappy, but on the flipside having it set to high can & will result in an over active minfree killer which in theory would have a negative affect on battery life.

sandfreak

Reaction score
I just noticed in your signature that you have listed UD 3.3.1 & Sapphire kernel, with that kernel does your usb tethering work & is your droid able to connect via usb to yer pc & transfer files between the two?

I had the same problem about a week or so ago on UD3.3. I tried everything I could think of to fix it but nothing worked. Finally I downloaded the zip again and flashed the new zip and I was able to mount again.

The sig isn't accurate for the time being though. Been switching kernels all day trying to find one that helps with my launcher pro lag. But mounting via USB to PC was fine with the sapphire kernel.

sandfreak

Reaction score
After further review of the auto killer app, I've opened up a can of worms for myself.

1. I didn't realize how much ram my apps use.

2. Widget locker is, in fact, closing all the time because of the little ram available.

3. There's some apps I have that run in the background for no apparent reason. I stop them, they restart. What's up with that?

4. Its a pain trying to configure the auto killer settings just right (I wish there was a way to choose what will close and what will keep running if space gets low.

5. Last but not least...its time for a new phone with more ram. I have an upgrade available but nothing on the market that "wows" me

neilrl79

Reaction score
On 3.1and 3.3 when I touched the phone icon it took me directly to the dialer every time, now on nightly #12 and 3.3.1 it takes me to contacts and then I have to select the dialer from there. Is there a way to fix this? I find it incredibly annoying.

jak86

Reaction score
After further review of the auto killer app, I've opened up a can of worms for myself.

2. Widget locker is, in fact, closing all the time because of the little ram available.

3. There's some apps I have that run in the background for no apparent reason. I stop them, they restart. What's up with that?

4. Its a pain trying to configure the auto killer settings just right (I wish there was a way to choose what will close and what will keep running if space gets low.

5. Last but not least...its time for a new phone with more ram. I have an upgrade available but nothing on the market that "wows" me

I agree with your 5th statement...I have an upgrade available but none of the phones are appealing now that 4g lte is becoming more available

Reaction score

I agree with your 5th statement...I have an upgrade available but none of the phones are appealing now that 4g lte is becoming more available

I agree as well, I have an upgrade coming up in July and I'm intersted to hear how the Samsung Droid Charge fares with initial testing...looks promising...

jak86

Reaction score
Is anyone havin trouble with text messages? Ive got messaging locked into memory but all of a sudden I dont get texts until someone has sent me 2 or more. Everything as far as connectivity, 3g, phone calls, texts and emails have come threw just fine until sometime yesterday afternoon. I installed 3.3.1 the day after it came out but just like all of the other gingerbread roms it works great for a couple days then tanks. I really dont want to go back to 2.5 again lol. I use handcent instead of the stock messaging app...does that make a difference?

raguilera510

Reaction score
CAN SOMEONE HELP??? Plz my facebook keeps FC and its gettin me mad ..... anyone kknow of a fix? I'm on og droid w/ the lattest UD update

jak86

Reaction score
Im having more trouble with facebook as well. Not only with fc's but now my contacts wont stay synced. Im reinstalling fb now to see if it helps

mfillibene16

Reaction score
If u have an older verison of the facebook app from titanium backup or my backup pro, use it if not try going over to Chevy's forum site and look at the facebook problem, saw a link for an older version of facebook that should work, if not try out flow for facebook, like it better than org. Facebook app

raguilera510

Reaction score
Yea uninstalling n reinstalling doesn't work I used an older versiion I had backed up and now its good