2ndinit ROMs

wdcspurs

Reaction score
Can someone please clear up an issue I am having? What is a 2ndinit ROM? please list some examples and/or define what 2ndinit is. I am looking forward to using the Boot Manager app, but need a 2ndinit ROM as my phone ROM. I am currently running Liberty, so I know I will need to change that.

clueless77

Reaction score
well as far as Boot Manager you need Brad92 he swears by it

long and the short of a 2nd init ROM its a ROM running one particular Android OS on an older Android kernel ie CM7 official nightlies are a 2nd init running gingerbread OS 2.3.x on the older Froyo kernel

theres much more technical stuff involved but thats the simplest form of an explanation

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score
Thanks!! I noticed that the app said you must be on an official Gingerbread kernel? CM7 would qualify then?

clueless77

Reaction score
i cant really speak on Boot Manager having never used it but you would need the unofficial CM7 via RevNumbers which you can find on Rootzwiki or one of the ports of CM7 on gingerbread ie Liquid 3.2 and so on but dont hold me to that

Revs builds are on gingerbread where as the officials are still on froyo kernel

ilovemywife269

Reaction score
i'm running a d2g stock rom and my phone is actually using a gingerbread kernel but i have the deodexoed stock rom would that suffice as a 2nd init for boot manager or do i need cm7? i am a little lost i've done had to sbf a few times (.608 btw) just from casually exploring my phones capabilities and i use droid2bootstrap can some1 toss me a bone here?

where do i find this brad92?