Liberty/Justice Rom

riverjao

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to install either Liberty or Justice Rom??? I'm currently running pre-rooted Gingerbread and for the life of me I can't figure it out. HELP!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you on a dx or d2? Your profile says a droid so just checking.
If on a dx you can install justice, but you need to be on froyo (it boots off the froyo kernel).

If you want liberty gb, you need to be on the gb leak (which you say you are). Just dl it from the thread or the toolbox (dl in market). Use bootstrap to get into cw. Wipe data, cache and dalvik. Mount system and install.
If you decide to dl liberty 0.9, after dl you'll have to add (.zip) to the file before flashing.

If the 0.9 thing sounds too complex, just dl 0.8 from the liberty gb thread and install like I said above.

CM74D2-GB

Last edited:

KOBALT

Reaction score
Support the devs and buy Liberty Toolbox Donate in the Market. It does everything for you.

Sent from my DROIDX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you can, buy the toolbox. Even so, it's good to learn how to flash a rom rather than letting an app do it for you.
All the best!

CM74D2-GB

OP
R

riverjao

Reaction score
I have a DX. I already have Liberty Toolbox from the market. Thanks for the instructions!!!

OP
R

riverjao

Reaction score
Actually, I do. For whatever reason I just can't get it to work. I swear I'm not incompetent and have quite a bit of experience with using roms too. Ok....so, you said to use bootstrap to get into recovery. You mean DX or D2 bootstrap, or something else? I try downloading 0.8, wiping everything and rebooting it but it just does normal bootup. Again, not incompetent, just apparently missing something.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK so dl 0.8. It will go into the download folder of whichever browser you use (I use Dolphin).
Boot into clockwork with d2 bootstrap.
Wipe data, cache and dalvik.
Go to mounts/storage and make sure the top line says unmount/system (if it says mount/system click it)
Then install zip from sd.
Find the file and install.
Reboot.

Of course, make sure you're on the gb leak first.

CM74D2-GB

OP
R

riverjao

Reaction score
Worked like a charm. Thanx a lot for the help.

OP
R

riverjao

Reaction score
Well, it did work like a charm. After I had the Rom up and going, I went through the Liberty Customizer. When I customized it the way that I liked it, it asked to 'reboot now' or 'reboot later'. I chose 'reboot now.' And it's stuck in boot up mode. ???

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you choose the blur launcher? If so, it's known to cause bootloops. They never fixed it. If you can't get back into recovery, you'll probably need to sbf. Try a battery pull and see if you can get back into clockwork. There you can wipe and re install.

CM74D2-GB

OP
R

riverjao

Reaction score
Yeah I chose Blur launcher. I tried battery pull and booting into recovery, but it took me into a stock looking recovery mode. Guess I'll have to SBF.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lesson learned. There's a liberty bug thread that discusses this.

Personally, id say get back on the gb leak after sbf and flash cm7 based on gb. Best thing to ever happen to my phone.

CM74D2-GB

@mr_stax_diesel

Reaction score
Just clear your data through the stock recovery and it should work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums