29.99 Unlimited 4g data

Maverick0984

Reaction score
hi i have the D2, do you guys think we all get unlimited 4G if i go buy a 4G phone off contract?
or do i have to lock in the 4G pricing with a contract right now?

You have to lock in a new contract if you want to upgrade your service. You cant just activate a 4g phone and receive a 4g data plan without taking the plunge.

I'm not sure that is 100% correct. By that reasoning if your current contract isn't up yet, they will not let you buy a 4G phone even at retail value, since a 4G plan is required.

If I walk into Verizon today and want to buy a Thunderbolt (current OG Droid contract can be renewed on 7/10/11), I'm absolutely certain they will let me get it, and use it, if I purchase it retail.

I'm not sure how they'll handle it exactly, but I'm sure it is possible.

Kittysback

Reaction score
Well, if I wait until the 15th, get the TB, then I could just take it back and exchange for the Bionic as long as it's still within the 16 day period, right? This is assuming the rumors of April 21st are correct. If not, I'll just stick with the TB. Will that work?

Ill put it to you this way. If you really dont want to gamble on what the pricing might be when the bionic then yeah that would work if and only if the 21st holds up. If not will you be willing to be stuck with a phone that gets 2-6 hours max on battery (thunderbolt I am referring to) ?

I would certainly hope those of us with unlimited now are grandfathered in. About a month ago, I bought the Thunderbolt and I LOVE it! I just checked... I had it off charge now for 1 day, 8 hours and 51 seconds and I'm still at 33% battery. I've used it moderately... phone calls, texting, some web browsing, facebook, twitter. I am in a 3G area though. And this is with the stock battery. During the work week, I will charge it every night (even if I don't need to) and then I'm fine all day/evening. :icon_ banana:

xier

Reaction score
Yep. TB is a great lte phone. I carry a second oem battery just in case.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
try

hi i have the D2, do you guys think we all get unlimited 4G if i go buy a 4G phone off contract?
or do i have to lock in the 4G pricing with a contract right now?

You have to lock in a new contract if you want to upgrade your service. You cant just activate a 4g phone and receive a 4g data plan without taking the plunge.

I'm not sure that is 100% correct. By that reasoning if your current contract isn't up yet, they will not let you buy a 4G phone even at retail value, since a 4G plan is required.

If I walk into Verizon today and want to buy a Thunderbolt (current OG Droid contract can be renewed on 7/10/11), I'm absolutely certain they will let me get it, and use it, if I purchase it retail.

I'm not sure how they'll handle it exactly, but I'm sure it is possible.

my 20 months wsant up until august and i was offerened the thunderbolt for the upgrade price 249 with extending my contract another 2 years. you can try ot say you got the mms but deleted it accidently and see what they say. they did check my avccount when i asked about it but i didnt see it thye may be told too honor any that ask about it. its worth a try wish i could give the early upgrade to you. i gave up waiiting for a dual core 4g droid type phone so i went to tmobile and am just gonna pay the early term fee. but its worth a shot for ya.

Faithfill

Reaction score
The bionic has been pushed back until November quoted from a vzw rep.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
well i believed it until you said verizon rep :)

i figured setptember at least novemeber is even further than i thought. glad i didnt wait and jumped ship than. now if we can just get droidforums to go dual carrier. i dont like any of the other places that deal with tmobile stuff :(

Faithfill

Reaction score
You can buy the thunderbolt for full price and it won't effect your plan or upgrade date if you're currently on a 29.99 data plan.

shneeko6

Reaction score
I'm not competitive, I'm a winner.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

i can read

Reaction score

Can you provide a link because I cant find that anywhere and November is Q4 not Q3 like stated

music life

Reaction score

Maverick0984

Reaction score
You can buy the thunderbolt for full price and it won't effect your plan or upgrade date if you're currently on a 29.99 data plan.

you can always pay full price. im thinking he does not have 600 bucks.

I was just saying you *could* get one off contract. Someone alluded to in an earlier post, the one I quoted, that you couldn't. I have no intention of getting the TB.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums