29.99 Unlimited 4g data

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So i c verizon is offering 29.99 4G LTE Unlimited data plan for the thunderbolt.To me this is a great deal,i almost want to get the phone just to get grandfathered in that deal.I hope they offeer this when the DB is released.Do you think this is a deal just for the TB?

AlexSB

Reaction score
That's the same boat I'm on, I want to get the phone just to be grandfathered into 29.99. I think it was either the CIO or CEO of Verizon said it himself that they are going to be doing away with the unlimited plans.

GDP

Reaction score
Same here

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Aerogriff

Reaction score
Its probably not exclusive to the thunderbolt, but since I read somewhere that the unlimited plans were going away in the summer and I havent heard of any other 4g verizon phones coming out soon...it might as well be. Btw, im definitely getting the phone just for the deal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

billyk

Reaction score
Also interested for the same reasons.

But, there is the draw of waiting for the Bionic so the TB price drops to compete with a dual-core. Timing is everything...

AlexSB

Reaction score
See what I'm thinking of doing is getting it from Best Buy to take advantage of the buy back program. I'm hoping the unlimited data promo will carry over even if I buy it from Best Buy

Liberated Droid II

kparks

Reaction score
So i c verizon is offering 29.99 4G LTE Unlimited data plan for the thunderbolt.To me this is a great deal,i almost want to get the phone just to get grandfathered in that deal.I hope they offeer this when the DB is released.Do you think this is a deal just for the TB?
i have a feeling that when the duel cores start to come out that is when they will start charging so im thinking the DB will be the first phone to do it!!

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its probably not exclusive to the thunderbolt, but since I read somewhere that the unlimited plans were going away in the summer and I havent heard of any other 4g verizon phones coming out soon...it might as well be. Btw, im definitely getting the phone just for the deal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I hope its not xclusive just 4 the tb.I'll make a decision after I find out more about this bestbuy program.The thing is I don't want the tb,I want the DB. To get the DB with 29.99 unlimited would b GREAT!!!
dancedroiddancedroid

AlexSB

Reaction score
The best buy buy back program (say that 5 times fast lol) gives you up to 50% of full retail price for your phone for the first 6 months. After that the value it gives you starts diminishing.

Things I'm wondering are:

Does verizon's buy back match that rate?

Can best buy make sales and not mess promotions you got on the line (I have the unlimited data promo)?

Does best buy do an early upgrade (mines isn't until June)?

Liberated Droid II

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I'm gambling on the Bionic being released before the change from $29.99. I looked at the Tbolt, but the horrible battery life is a deal breaker for me.

Aerogriff

Reaction score
I'm gambling on the Bionic being released before the change from $29.99. I looked at the Tbolt, but the horrible battery life is a deal breaker for me.
Hmm? I'm getting 12 hours easy.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When the bionic comes out. The data is going to be tiered for sure by then. Those with the bolt will be grandfathered for now but that may not last forever. You can't say you weren't warned

Sent from my Xoom

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I don't think they'll tier data until the 4g network is much larger than it currently is. Have you looked at the 4g map? It's nearly non existent! Presently, half of the people who would be paying for tiered data wouldn't even get 4g...

billyk

Reaction score
I don't think they'll tier data until the 4g network is much larger than it currently is. Have you looked at the 4g map? It's nearly non existent! Presently, half of the people who would be paying for tiered data wouldn't even get 4g...

Good point!