246 vs 232

SigSoldat

Reaction score
It said it was working so I plugged it in and went to bed. It never gave me any indication it completed although the message was gone this morning. When I saw the message about low memory I searched and discovered the duplicate music files. I deleted them and the message has not returned.

I assume the "media" that drained my battery has something to do with Verizon Backup and d Media? I cleared that cache and the phone seems to be running at normal temps. I was also able to assign my sounds. I will try to update again later.

SigSoldat

Reaction score
Well, 24 hours after wiping the cache, everything is running great. No random reboots, no battery drain, no excessive heat. It is 5pm and I am typically at 10% or less battery strength but today my battery still has 40% without any settings adjustments. Let's hope this sticks!

thesteveoproject

Reaction score
So I've read in here that it's going to take several reboots and a couple days for it to be running smoothly, but considering my text messaging and several other apps aren't working, that doesn't exactly provide me with relief. Anybody else run into these issues or found a solution?

SigSoldat

Reaction score
So I've read in here that it's going to take several reboots and a couple days for it to be running smoothly, but considering my text messaging and several other apps aren't working, that doesn't exactly provide me with relief. Anybody else run into these issues or found a solution?

Read the entire thread. It is an issue primarily with the cache and the instructions for how to wipe the cache are included in a previous post. I had one odd reboot this morning while typing a post on the facebook app but otherwise it is running flawlessly. It is definitely opening things faster and even appears to download quite a bit quicker. I also like the way Gmail operates now.

thesteveoproject

Reaction score
Read the entire thread. It is an issue primarily with the cache and the instructions for how to wipe the cache are included in a previous post. I had one odd reboot this morning while typing a post on the facebook app but otherwise it is running flawlessly. It is definitely opening things faster and even appears to download quite a bit quicker. I also like the way Gmail operates now.

Yea, it seems to be working fine now after the reboots and some time sitting, it was mainly that a couple apps on my homescreens weren't loading and I, being the genius that I am at 3am, finally figured out to just remove the apps from the homescreen and re-attach them. Everything seems to run really smooth, no data drops as of current, stronger 4G signal, downloads running faster. Looks like with the delayed release they did well with this one, it just took a bit to kick in.