*228 question

ryand15

Reaction score
Whenever I dial *228 it sends me to a thing to activate my phone and then starts ringing busy, I think my phone needs to be updated because alot of my calls arent coming through when people call me. Why can I not dial *228 on my droid?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whenever I dial *228 it sends me to a thing to activate my phone and then starts ringing busy, I think my phone needs to be updated because alot of my calls arent coming through when people call me. Why can I not dial *228 on my droid?

I don't know. Try dialing *22899 and see if that will work for you.

OP
R

ryand15

Reaction score
nope same thing, its ringing busy and the screen says, "follow the spoken instructions until you hear activation is complete" but it never says anything it just rings busy.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nope same thing, its ringing busy and the screen says, "follow the spoken instructions until you hear activation is complete" but it never says anything it just rings busy.

Have you tried to do this in a different area? Maybe you're not getting a good signal?

If you've done that and still are having issues, I'd call Verizon and ask them what's up.

OP
R

ryand15

Reaction score
Well Im at my house and its the only place Ive tried but I get almost perfect signal here, but Ill go somewhere else later and try, if its still not working I guess Ill call Verzion. Thanks for the help!

tommyb38

Reaction score
Well Im at my house and its the only place Ive tried but I get almost perfect signal here, but Ill go somewhere else later and try, if its still not working I guess Ill call Verzion. Thanks for the help!

You get almost perfect signal, but is it a perfect Verizon signal? It sounds to me like you are roaming and on another carriers activation service. This does happen from time to time. I used to have the same problem at my house. I would try again somewhere else and see what message you get. The message you are describing is definitely not the Verizon activation message.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You get almost perfect signal, but is it a perfect Verizon signal? It sounds to me like you are roaming and on another carriers activation service. This does happen from time to time. I used to have the same problem at my house. I would try again somewhere else and see what message you get. The message you are describing is definitely not the Verizon activation message.
Thanks Tommyb - exactly what I was going to say. If you are roaming, you might not even realize you're in extended area, and you won't be able to update your PRL until in native VZW coverage.

OP
R

ryand15

Reaction score
Thats prb what is wrong. Id say Im on another carriers signal. Thanks so much for the help guys

Droid_Depot

Reaction score
If you go into settings, phone info, status. It should tell you what network you are on and whether you are roaming or not.