Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The Droid X will be my first Droid phone. I have a 2 questions. Can you cut and paste when using it with Word Docs or Text? Can you have yahoo mail on the phone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid X will be my first Droid phone. I have a 2 questions. Can you cut and paste when using it with Word Docs or Text? Can you have yahoo mail on the phone?

I don't know the answer to your first question. I know how I would do it on a Droid but it has a physical keyboard.

You can have just about any mail you want forwarded to your X. But keep in mind, this is a Google phone. You are going to have to set up a gmail account anyway so you may want to think about dumping yahoo for gmail.

Your contacts are all backed up to gmail. Calendar is backed up by Google Calendar. When you purchase an app you use Google Checkout.

techguru

Reaction score
Early on, there were issues with Yahoo mail on the Droid, and I think the Incredible too. Since I don't use it, I didn't pay much attention, but I believe it was resolved. That being said, my sister escalated an issue with yahoo mail and her Windows Mobile phone fairly high up the food chain at Yahoo since she uses them for commercial domain hosting, and they flat out admitted that their email system is antiquated and just barely able to meet the needs of desktop users with newer apps let alone smartphone users (did wind up fixing her issue, but it took some duct tape and bailing wire to do it).

Alan

mflynn

Reaction score
Thank You both for answering my questions.

Yes but its limited to only editable text. I cannot cut/past text out of emails for some wacky reason. This is the one area that I think google has dropped the ball on.

I'm an old iPhone user and I have to say the way the iPhone handles cut/paste, its light years ahead of what I have to deal with on android. :(

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Copy and paste from gmail is much better in 2.2. Once you get the update it should be ok.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mflynn

Reaction score
the lack of copy/paste so far is my first complaint with the X.
Agreed and no argument there

Copy and paste from gmail is much better in 2.2. Once you get the update it should be ok.
Not completely, if you used an iPhone you get spoiled at how easy and polished cutting and pasting could be implemented.

Even with 2.2, I found cut/paste to be lacking. Yeah its better but its not implemented as well as apple's solution.

Last edited: