Yahoo e-mail

erict

Reaction score
I have read that some suggest not to use the installed Yahoo account when adding accounts for e-mail. I did download the Yahoo app from the market but have since deleted it and added then one installed on the phone under accounts and works great. I know some suggest k-9 as well. Now my question is even though I have read that some say not to use the installed Yahoo app that shows under accounts but they don't say why? I think it works great:unsure:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have read that some suggest not to use the installed Yahoo account when adding accounts for e-mail. I did download the Yahoo app from the market but have since deleted it and added then one installed on the phone under accounts and works great. I know some suggest k-9 as well. Now my question is even though I have read that some say not to use the installed Yahoo app that shows under accounts but they don't say why? I think it works great:unsure:

If it works great for you then don't worry about what other people say. The problem with the internet/forums is you generally here nothing but complaints about things, seldom do you hear that something actually works. If it works don't fix it, plain and simple.;)

OP
E

erict

Reaction score

If it works great for you then don't worry about what other people say. The problem with the internet/forums is you generally here nothing but complaints about things, seldom do you hear that something actually works. If it works don't fix it, plain and simple.;)

You are correct as to, if it works don't fix it:) I was just curious as to why some said not to use it. I have only had the phone for two weeks and didn't even now the Yahoo app was pre-installed in accounts until two days ago and like it alot better then the Yahoo app on the market.

Last edited:

Mule65

Reaction score
Free Yahoo does not have a push option using My Accounts on the X. The Yahoo email app pushes pretty well so I use it. I don't use any widgets or apps that check for something every X minutes anymore and can get over 48 hours with my battery.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Free Yahoo does not have a push option using My Accounts on the X. The Yahoo email app pushes pretty well so I use it. I don't use any widgets or apps that check for something every X minutes anymore and can get over 48 hours with my battery.

What does push mean? I believe I saw that as an option in settings? Just for the record, I am still running 2.1.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I see the push setting and there is no green check. I do have the fetch setting set to 30min. Should I be using the push setting or both?