2 more cool commercials from Verizon

biggestmexi

Reaction score
where is an easy place to upload it? I should be able to get it off my phone on my work pc.

its a great ringtone. the whole thing...but i make it shorter because its 30 seconds long.

but if you want to you can do it through ringdroid.

metalmenance

Reaction score
the YouTube commercial is pretty dishonest. I have yet to see any video on YouTube, HD or not, use the entire screen on the droid. This is one of my disappointments with the phone. I haven't seen any video go full screen and cant figure out how to make it so. Any help?

by default youtube loads in reg format on the droid which is great if you just want a fast vid, if you want quality then pause at start then click menu and more options then show in high quality and its loads in large clear sharp video which i think looks super on a smartphone device, better than any wm or bb ones ive owned

les017

Reaction score
lol that first vid...."a bare-knuckled bucket of DOES"

that cracks me up

OP
SoCal65

SoCal65

Reaction score
Added 2 new ones to top.... :icon_ banana:

OP
SoCal65

SoCal65

Reaction score
New one today -- added to top post. :icon_ banana:

gdoane

Reaction score
What I don't get is why none of the commercials hit on Blackberry? Is the BB so inferior that it's not even worth mentioning or is it that Verizon has BB customers they don't want to tick off?

keiichi25

Reaction score
Someone pointed out that Apple never really mentioned the competition in their ads because they weren't behind. However, their constant pokes at PC is because they are behind, and frankly, they are behind the PC. The PC has a fair share of the desktop environment and want people to think that the grass is greener by going with Mac.

I will admit, I am mostly a PC user, but I also have worked with Macs. Macs are good for some niches, but the reason most people use PCs in the office and at home is price. Along with price, the sheer volume of development and namely for me, games, are higher for the PC than it is for a Mac.

The Mac excels at Desktop Publishing and has had a long history of software development there than the PC, with fewer problems as well because the design supported it, while Windows emulates it.

The long and hard of the issue right now for both Verizon and AT&T is less about Blackberry as Blackberry's niche is strong with regards to Business Collaboration, both the Droid and iPhone are actual competitors for the Consumer Niche, more so than the Business one.

While quite a few of the posters here are former Blackberry users, I would hasten to believe that the real focus of those Blackberry users are wanting something similar to the iPhone, but not the AT&T Network. The Blackberry itself is not a very 'friendly' personal type phone for some. It's internet browser is simply not up to snuff and its application database is not nearly as large for a device that has been out for as long, if not longer, than the iPhone. And I simply blame the lack of an App Store which Blackberry just recently started to hop the bandwagon on, but right now it is rather sparse and does not collaborate with the other Blackberry groups as far as showing what apps are available.

All in all, the Blackberry is not 'inferior', but it is not winning much ground as far as being a consumer level phone anymore, it is still going to be a business oriented level phone until Droid and iPhone develop apps to make up for the tried and true Blackberry Enterprise Server implementation of Push IMAP.