Latest Droid Commercial...

vonfink13

Reaction score
this one is great...

[video=youtube;sLDxv9ohH2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLDxv9ohH2s&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"... circular saw through a ripe banana." LOL. random yet funny.

droiddict

Reaction score
Are they TRYING to persuade women to avoid it? I know we aren't the target market, but why do they have to insult us?

DroidFan

Reaction score
Are they TRYING to persuade women to avoid it? I know we aren't the target market, but why do they have to insult us?

I agree... there are many of us women with 1/2 a techie brain that are very attracted to the Droid... They had me with the "iDon't" commercials. However, their most recent commercials are very off-putting to the female population here... hopefully they'll find some balance.

Erich_F

Reaction score
I agree... there are many of us women with 1/2 a techie brain that are very attracted to the Droid... They had me with the "iDon't" commercials. However, their most recent commercials are very off-putting to the female population here... hopefully they'll find some balance.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why a woman would find offense in that commercial, unless they considered themselves one of the self-important princesses depicted in it; who would rather glue some tacky fake rhinestones on their phone than to actually use it properly.

I'm just sayin' :)

Erich

OP
vonfink13

vonfink13

Reaction score

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why a woman would find offense in that commercial, unless they considered themselves one of the self-important princesses depicted in it; who would rather glue some tacky fake rhinestones on their phone than to actually use it properly.

Erich

I agree...i think they are trying to leave the barbies and the paris hilton types out....not the smart professional women....

mwinne

Reaction score
I thought it was more a slam on the iphone, and some of the ridiculous accessories, that can be bought for it, than a slam on women, But I'm just a dumb guy who loves my droid, so what so I know. :icon_ devil:

droiddict

Reaction score

Erich
So you agree that pretty women are "clueless"?

jamsesh

Reaction score
LOL I just have to pipe in about the "sexism" in the video. I really hope that the offended women don't identify with girls who consider themselves "Miss Pretty" and walk around looking at their own reflections in their phone.

Thanks for the laugh :)

DroidFan

Reaction score
Since I spoke up 2nd about the issue, then I'll respond to this... no... I'm not one of those "Miss Pretty" types at all.. (just ask my BF who is a SEO/SM Director!!! He loves the fact I'm a techie!!)... there's just a lot of violence to the commercial that is so unnecessary. I know their trying to show that the phone isn't meant to be "pretty" & it's meant to be a workhorse... it's what I appreciate about the Droid. However, that being said, there's a rough edge to the commercial (along with the violent underpinnings) which can really turn off the female population....

Just my 2¢....

LOL I just have to pipe in about the "sexism" in the video. I really hope that the offended women don't identify with girls who consider themselves "Miss Pretty" and walk around looking at their own reflections in their phone.

Thanks for the laugh :)