Latest Droid Commercial...

gdoane

Reaction score
I think it's kind of funny as a commercial, but as advertising goes it takes a step away from the strength of the Droid in customization.

I'm a guy, a technical guy that holds a couple of FCC licenses kind of technical and I didn't see the point.

This is not a Neanderthal's phone. It's YOUR phone, it's a heck of a lot more customizable than the iPhone (I've had an iPod Touch for 2 years now, I'm familiar with the thing) and I don't think the commercial takes the right tack.

I don't get why females would take offense, but then if I understood women I probably wouldn't be divorced and living single for the last 18 years.

The tact I would have taken would have been a LOT different and played up the customization.

Announcer (showing a workshop/tool shed): Guys, does your tool box look like any other guy's tool box, or is it arranged the way you like it?

(Cut to a dance/party)

Announcer (showing two ladies showing up in the same outfit): Ladies, don't you just hate having the same outfit as anybody else in the place?

Customization. Personality. You know yourself like no one else can. Droid Does.

darreno1

Reaction score
Agreed. The term "Violence" is quite over-used these days in P.C. bologna. Breaking through a wall is now considered violence? Holy cow no wonder we can't win a war anymore. But, I digress...

Man I couldn't have said it better!! :clap:

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I still like mocking the Iphone out on the island of misfit toys the best. lmao

yup....this one is ok....misfit toys is the best one...

^ ^ ^

This one is where my wife and I crack-up at the same time--and she doesn't have much of a sense of humor. My kids saw Rudolph on T.V. tonight and even said, "where's the iPhone, Daddy?" LOL Pure marketing genius.

- Mega

superglen99

Reaction score
I told my buddy at work to get a mans phone on a mans network! his girly iphone on att is old news and drops calls like no other.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They aren't insulting women. They are insulting devices that are pretty at the expense of quality (like the iphone). Those devices are all dolled up but simply don't deliver.

If that is what you consider yourself, then be insulted (and ashamed). If not, it was not aimed at you.
Wow I'm a girly girl but even i get it:| i agree with ^^^^^^^^. good grief put yur big girl pannies on.