2 apps failing install

beneharris

Reaction score
i have 2 apps not updating, it says there is insufficient storage space when there is not.

handcent, after the new update today
meridian player, for weeks now

i have read a few threads on this and people are having the same problem, but i can't seem to find any solutions, or ideas even.

i have plenty of space left, 150mbs give or take a few. for now i am going to have to use comp since i used a bb script and got rid of the stock messaging app. anybody have any ideas? is this a developer problem, or is it my phone's probelm

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
i have 2 apps not updating, it says there is insufficient storage space when there is not.

handcent, after the new update today
meridian player, for weeks now

i have read a few threads on this and people are having the same problem, but i can't seem to find any solutions, or ideas even.

i have plenty of space left, 150mbs give or take a few. for now i am going to have to use comp since i used a bb script and got rid of the stock messaging app. anybody have any ideas? is this a developer problem, or is it my phone's probelm

Have you tried uninstalling and then installing fresh from the market?

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I'm having this same issue with Handcent. Was going to post this in a new topic before I searched and found this one from today.

I was prompted (by the market icon) to install an updated version of Handcent this morning. I went to the market, tried to install it, and have gotten repeated "Installation unsuccessful" messages. The download happens just fine, but the installation fails.

Other apps are not affected. I had 7 other updates this morning that went through just fine. 2 reboots later and it is still giving me the same message, though just now it also gave me a "Insufficient space" message, which I know to be false. There is 15.3M available on /system and 144.8M available on /data.

Currently running Cyanogenmod 5.0.5.6 (even though there is a .7 update available, want to find out something about titanium backup first). I know that I've updated Handcent on Cyanogenmod before.

G

gatewayad

Same issue with handcent, I deleted it and reinstalled it none of my setting were lost. So simple answer is uninstall from settings and reinstall

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I managed to solve my own issue by running Fix Permissions from ROM Manager, rebooting, and trying again. It installed just fine that time.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If using ROM manager running fix permisions might help. I only ran cyanogen for a little bit to test it out and didn't see anything to make me keep it over what I was running previously. I will say I've noticed issues with either ROM manager and cyanogen and google connectivity. Could be something there.

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score
mine is not installed anywhere on the phone, even in settings, and it still won't install correctly.

i am using bb .9

should i go through and try to find everything handcent related, and delete it all?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
mine is not installed anywhere on the phone, even in settings, and it still won't install correctly.

i am using bb .9

should i go through and try to find everything handcent related, and delete it all?

i would try that. if that doesnt work maybe a factory data reset.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk