2 annoying things with Droid Razr

babymilo

Reaction score
Jus got it the other day and overall I do like this phone a lot.

2 issues that are bugging me

1. This doesn't happend all the time but enough to annoy me.

When i got to the play store to download some apps or whatever for the phone, it hangs. Like i hit install and then it shows the little blue line but it just hangs...it doesn't download at all.

Sometimes i have to stop the download and then hit it try again and see if it will work(usually 3-5 times) and eventually it does.

At worse, I have to restart the phone entirely.

2. I have over 1,000 photos in my phone and this really bugs me. On my older Android phones, when you go to albums/gallery or whatever the manufacturer calls it...they have each album listed.

In the droid razr,
A. i click my galler
B. Once inside i hit my library and brings me to all videos or all photos.

I can only view all 1,000+ photos in All photos. Which is annoying when you are trying to find a particular picture be it from a party or a vacation or whatever.

I've downloaded an app called Fish Bowl photo and it shows all my pics in their respective album but i am not fond of the app(the photo doesn't rotate when you rotate the phone).

is there a way to fix moto's album app?

Last edited:

tomatofoot

Reaction score
Regarding your pic issues.

I use QuickPic. It sorts the pics into whatever folder... and lets me hide certain pics.

Sent from my stock DROID RAZR

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I also use quickpic. The other thing you can so its manually add tags then the stock gallery will sort then by tag for you. The only draw back to this is it's a pain adding tags to all you're existing photos. Once you've done so it's pretty easy to keep up. That's what i was doing before i found quickpic. Quickpic will sort them by downloads, camera, ect. As far as the download lock up problem, I've never experienced that. I don't have any help for you, maybe someone else will

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
On the pics as well....the stock "my gallery". Open it. Click on my library. Upper left corner is an icon. If the label says timeline then all the pics will display at once, sorted by date. Instead of timeline select folders after pressing the icon. I think that is what you are looking for. There are other views you can select as well by pressing that icon. OR.....as mentioned above, try quickpic.
As for the download prob....this is not typical RAZR behaviour. Try an FDR and see if that helps. Make sure to back up pictures and texts and what not before proceeding. Hope all this helps to get you the most enjoyment from your phone :)

OP
babymilo

babymilo

Reaction score
bruben7886 said:
On the pics as well....the stock "my gallery". Open it. Click on my library. Upper left corner is an icon. If the label says timeline then all the pics will display at once, sorted by date. Instead of timeline select folders after pressing the icon. I think that is what you are looking for. There are other views you can select as well by pressing that icon. OR.....as mentioned above, try quickpic.
As for the download prob....this is not typical RAZR behaviour. Try an FDR and see if that helps. Make sure to back up pictures and texts and what not before proceeding. Hope all this helps to get you the most enjoyment from your phone :)

What's a fdr? Thank you. :)

drpool

Reaction score

Is there a way to create new folders or albums? Nothing in the menu and a long touch does nothing either.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
drpool said:
Is there a way to create new folders or albums? Nothing in the menu and a long touch does nothing either.

Open my files. Internal SD card (or wherever you store pictures)/ dcim. You can create folders in there that the gallery app will see as long as they have pictures in them