Uploading photos to Facebook

CatSaddler

Reaction score
I just picked up a Razr today. So far, so good.

I was wondering how you all are uploading photos to FB. I want to be able to do the following:
  1. upload from my Razr gallery to a specific album on FB.
  2. upload from my Razr gallery to a FB page that I administer.
I have downloaded both the FB for Andriod and FriendCaster apps. My issues are:
  1. I have to use the gallery upload via FriendCaster to be able to select which FB album I want to post to.
  2. I have to use the gallery upload via FB for Android to be able to post photos to my administered FB page.
I've also tried using the mobile FB site, but that doesn't let me select which FB album to post to either. I was able to do that on my original Moto Droid that I just switched from today.

Any advice on how to be able to do all these seemingly simple FB tasks without having to use multiple apps?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Interesting. I had never noticed the change but your are right. I used to upload pics from my gallery to fb and be able to choose the album with my og and Droid x but with the razr, you don't have that option.

Edit: The more I think about this, I don't think it has anything to do with the phone itself. Facebook updated and changed the app and that is where the difference is. I am pretty sure that when I first picked up my RAZR, uploading pics was the same as always and I could choose what album to save it in....until fb updated their app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just figured it out....open fb for Android, touch the top left corner to open the menu, scroll down to photos. This should display all your albums. Then just touch the plus sign at the top right corner to upload a picture. This will then allow you to choose which album to upload the picture to.

skottmorris

Reaction score
Just figured it out....open fb for Android, touch the top left corner to open the menu, scroll down to photos. This should display all your albums. Then just touch the plus sign at the top right corner to upload a picture. This will then allow you to choose which album to upload the picture to.

Yeah, I think it is the app too. Its annoying that I cannot simply upload the photo to the album of my choice when i am looking at it. Instead, you must go do the Photo Albums list in the FB app and then press "+" to add a new photo. This will give you the option to choose an album. If you choose the Photo button on the main page of the FB app, or use the built in Share of the Razr, it will only go to the Mobile Uploads folder. Sux.

Has anyone found an easier way to put a photo into the album of your choice using the std Share button? I'd really like to upload photos like I used to on my old Droid.

cesar357

Reaction score

UGHHH THANK YOU. This was driving me nuts. I hated that I had to upload new pictures to "Mobile Uploads" instead of specific album I wanted. THANKS AGAIN. Good info

skottmorris

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it is the app too. Its annoying that I cannot simply upload the photo to the album of my choice when i am looking at it. Instead, you must go do the Photo Albums list in the FB app and then press "+" to add a new photo. This will give you the option to choose an album. If you choose the Photo button on the main page of the FB app, or use the built in Share of the Razr, it will only go to the Mobile Uploads folder. Sux.

Has anyone found an easier way to put a photo into the album of your choice using the std Share button? I'd really like to upload photos like I used to on my old Droid.

I found the REAL solution! While looking at a picture from the My Gallery app, just press the menu button on the phone and then choose +Add to Album! This will bring up a panel with all your connected photo sites and their associated albums. Pick the album of your choice and you're good-to-go :)

Reaction score
I found the REAL solution! While looking at a picture from the My Gallery app, just press the menu button on the phone and then choose +Add to Album! This will bring up a panel with all your connected photo sites and their associated albums. Pick the album of your choice and you're good-to-go :)

Lol. Real solution? As if the other one was not real? J/k

Nice find...except it is not in the menu button for me. When looking at the photo I had to touch the photo to bring up the little options tool bar along the bottom and then press the down arrow for more, then I see the add to album.

cesar357

Reaction score

This option isn't working for me =( I have the DROID X, not sure of this is why this option isn't working. Previous solution of going through the actual FB app is the only way it worked. P.I.T.A!

Reaction score
This option isn't working for me =( I have the DROID X, not sure of this is why this option isn't working. Previous solution of going through the actual FB app is the only way it worked. P.I.T.A!

Yes, good point, the option skott found its in the latest Moto blur for social networking. Older version will have to go through the app as I originally described.

skottmorris

Reaction score
Wow, after the latest Verizon update, this feature is gone. Add to album only let's me move a picture from the gallery to an album in the gallery. There is an option to create a new album in Facebook, but that does not work. There is an option to upload a gallery album to Facebook but that does not work either. That upload hangs at 0%. Anyone else notice this change?

ITguy4

Reaction score
It just worked perfectly for me on the original RAZR (clicking on the picture in the gallery, selecting "Add to Album" and then selecting the FB album I wanted). I was signed into Facebook from my phone as well, so not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Cee

Reaction score
Droid X with same question

I used to be able to select the album I wanted to upload a pic to on Facebook from my phone but now, any pic I upload goes right to the Mobile Uploads album and once a pic is in there you can't move it to another album. I've tried some of the things mentioned in this thread to no avail. I have a Droid X. Did Facebook change their app to give the user less choice or is it a phone OS issue?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I used to be able to select the album I wanted to upload a pic to on Facebook from my phone but now, any pic I upload goes right to the Mobile Uploads album and once a pic is in there you can't move it to another album. I've tried some of the things mentioned in this thread to no avail. I have a Droid X. Did Facebook change their app to give the user less choice or is it a phone OS issue?

I haven't been able to figure out how to choose which album a photo gets uploaded to since the Facebook update a few weeks ago that included the annoying Facebook camera and Facebook messenger additions. They promptly removed the app icons for those in a subsequent update due to substantial outcry, but the option to choose which album a photo gets uploaded to has yet to return.

Cee

Reaction score
That's unfortunate but typical - they add stuff no one wants and take away options we enjoy :( Thanks for the reply. At least I'm not the only one whose noticed and doesn't like this new change. (btw, I hate that new camera thing too)