2.3 Update

E

Emtronics

Braves: Yes I do like the iPhone4 a lot. I know it's locked down and my son said I wouldn't like it for that reason although he has an I4 also. I have been building my own computers since 95 and have always enjoyed hacking them over clocking processors and video cards. This is what makes Android so cool. It's open source. I'm just too old to mess with rom "ing" my DINC. Yes of course a VZ rep will tell you the DINC is obsolete. This isn't my first Christmas, But, newer Droids are coming with dual core processing and with that newer OS. The DINC won't last as people will go on to the next generation. My iPhone will last as long as I take care of it. The only thing that will fail will be the battery after about 2 years. All cell batteries fail after a year of use or more. My mercy will be with Apple and their $79 charge to replace the battery. I will get Apple updates when they release new OS's and they are about to release a new one next month. I think OS5 Have you all gotten your GB update yet?

Ocean front property in Illinois? Got some already. Just waiting for the rest of the country to fall off.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I'd rather wait a little longer for a major update, instead of waiting just a little bit for a miniscule update, which will more likely result in more bugs then it fixes

The most incredible, incredible!

Alchemist945

Reaction score
The update for the dinc is on the VZW page on the update forums it was going to come out last week but they are making sure all bugs are out

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Well, to a point you may be right. Ask 3 VZ Techs the same question and you might just get 3 different answers. Still, I doubt the Dinc will get the update. I used to own a Blackberry and when it came to updates, they were far and few between if they happened at all. Yet, when everyone on Crackberry forums was saying my 9530 would not get an os upgrade, the VZ tech told me it was indeed coming. It came. While HTC may want and even post there will be a Dinc update, they don't know Verizon very well. VZ doesn't like updates until THEY test them as it costs money top hear complaints from people after one comes out. If it happens, I'll post back as idiot of the year on this forum and ask the Mod to "sticky" it with my picture.

Uhhh... Mods... I believe we need a sticky now... just sayin... lol.

Krennel

Reaction score
B.S. This site would be flooded with replies.

My wife's Incredible hadn't recieved an update as of this morning, but there are a few places on the net that say they have, such as this: Linkage

H
TC also put up on their twitter that the Thunderbolt and the Incredible were going to get the 2.3.4 update in September, and Verizon reposted the Incredible update page a couple of days back with a new build, so it's definitely going to happen, but it just may happen slowly. DROID Incredible Gingerbread Update Returns with New Build 4.06.605.3 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
B.S. This site would be flooded with replies.

You really are a moron aren't you? You know they send it out to a VERY SMALL test sample, right? Think of how many people have the droid incredible, then think of how many people with one actually post on here. The chance that an everyday poster had gotten the update is very slim.

Just because you don't happen to have it doesn't mean that it's b.s., I don't have it either, but there is proof. Go to phandroid.

Actually look stuff up before you post. Otherwise, you look extremely stupid.

kenbiz

Reaction score
You really are a moron aren't you? You know they send it out to a VERY SMALL test sample, right? Think of how many people have the droid incredible, then think of how many people with one actually post on here. The chance that an everyday poster had gotten the update is very slim.

Just because you don't happen to have it doesn't mean that it's b.s., I don't have it either, but there is proof. Go to phandroid.

Actually look stuff up before you post. Otherwise, you look extremely stupid.

F-u. All ur b.s posts about this update. U don't know anything. How do I look stupid? U got what like 100 post on this thread talking sooooo much crap like u work for Verizon or HTC. How many times have YOU said its coming this week? You sound like a broken record.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
F-u. All ur b.s posts about this update. U don't know anything. How do I look stupid? U got what like 100 post on this thread talking sooooo much crap like u work for Verizon or HTC. How many times have YOU said its coming this week? You sound like a broken record.

Are you really that ignorant? Do you only look at the droidforums to see when the update is coming? You know... There's this thing called the internet, where you can look at other stuff and find other sources as well. If you happen to search the internet, you'll see that the update is already rolling out. I've never claimed, nor does anybody else claim that I work for Verizon or HTC. I post what I find out on other sites, or stuff that I find out by doing research. I've never ONCE said that it was supposed to come this week. I've said that it's started rolling out. Which are 2 completely different things. If you think I sound like a broken record, you don't have to click on this thread if you don't like what I have to say.

Droid Incredible Android 2.3 Update Reaching Some Handsets [Update: More Pics]

Go here.

Gingerbread 2.3 is here! Update is ROLLING OUT! - Page 39 - Android Forums

Read this... Do us all a favor... Educate yourself before coming back.