2.3.340 Help & Questions???

jcolt

Reaction score
Just got the notice for the 2.3.340 update (Droid X). It did not automically install. It automatically dowloaded to my phone and waiting for me to click install. Right now I choose install later.

My X is configured as such:

currently on 2.1.15, rooted using z4root and running Rubix Rom. Clockwork Mod and Bootstrap installed. Not overclocked. I have not removed the bloatware apps that came with the X (blockbuster etc). However, all blur seemed to be removed by the rubix rom.

Should I accept this instal and will it work if I am rooted. Do I need to unrtoot. I do not want to loose root at all so if accepting the install would do this I am not interested, unless I can get root right back with z4. Also, I use Team Black Hat 3g script. Will this update break that? That is really important to me (much better than wireless tether) so if this does not work after the update I do not want it.

I have read some nightmare threads about this new update and others say it is no big deal. Please let me know your thoughts on how this update will affect my phone as it runs know. I think everything works great so unless this update is a "must have" I can pass it by to keep my phoen running in good shape. Any help would be appreciated.

HelpeRX

Reaction score
Regarding

I never knew you should run ota on a rom interesting. Nonetheless I would go back to stock and do it because that does not seem smart. This is what you shuld do a clockmod recover backup IT BACKS EVERYTHING EVEN YOUR WHOLE SETTINGS. Then go to stock and do it then once your done root and install clockmod and restore!I dont know what problems you will run because I have been on the TBH leaked ever since. I doubt that they are the ones who created the leak that they would have fixed that for the script too would you think? Thats my 2 cents!I used to run RubiX so I am not sure you will have problems it is a good rom and will not give problems.

Last edited:
OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
I never knew you should run ota on a rom interesting. Nonetheless I would go back to stock and do it because that does not seem smart. This is what you shuld do a clockmod recover backup IT BACKS EVERYTHING EVEN YOUR WHOLE SETTINGS. Then go to stock and do it then once your done root and install clockmod and restore!I dont know what problems you will run because I have been on the TBH leaked ever since. I doubt that they are the ones who created the leak that they would have fixed that for the script too would you think? Thats my 2 cents!I used to run RubiX so I am not sure you will have problems it is a good rom and will not give problems.

So to be clear this is what you are suggesting

1) backup
2) flash back to stock using clock mod
3) run the Ota once back in stock
4) root using z4root once Ota is done
5) install clock mod
6) backup
7) flashi th backsp I created in step one.

Is this the righ sequence? Will rubi still run on the new Ota? Not quite sure what you were saying about TBH. Will the 3G patch I installed still work do u think?

Thanks

HelpeRX

Reaction score

1) In clockmod go to backup and backup everything
2) Turn phone on settings turn USB debugging on. Plug to computer Run RSD lite with SBF file and press start on computer screen. (Run the special fullsystem sbf)
3) No need for ota update if you do the special Fullsystem unless you really want MLB which I hear is a trial. Otherwise just to OTA
4) root using z4root version 1.2.2 works the best and fastest
5) install clock mod
6) Restore
7) The end!

PM and I will give you the links that I think is a good idea.

_matt

Reaction score
1) In clockmod go to backup and backup everything
2) Turn phone on settings turn USB debugging on. Plug to computer Run RSD lite with SBF file and press start on computer screen. (Run the special fullsystem sbf)
3) No need for ota update if you do the special Fullsystem unless you really want MLB which I hear is a trial. Otherwise just to OTA
4) root using z4root version 1.2.2 works the best and fastest
5) install clock mod
6) Restore
7) The end!

PM and I will give you the links that I think is a good idea.

Can oyu provide the links in a post?

Android 2.2
ver. 2.3.15.MB810

Thank you

spider210

Reaction score
On 2.3.40 leaked old baseband how can I get to this 2.3.40 and keep root? Or should I just stay on this one.

Also using team black hat will this prevent this

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

magnetic99

Reaction score
Been searching like crazy to find what updates/changes are included in the 2.3.40 upgrade, which my droid x just got. Could someone please link me to the official verizon support information or pdf?

Thanks in advance --

Magz