2.3.15 to 2.3.340?

mich1248

Reaction score
i was wandering how i can go from 2.3.15 to 2.3.340 or does it even matter..i was wanting to try fabulous new rom but dont think i can off 2.3.15...i currently running rubix 1.9...im new to this so i being cautious so i dont brick my phone..thanks for the help..

citanes-26

Reaction score
Team black hats app has an update.zip to get you to .320 & patches to update to .340

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
mich1248

mich1248

Reaction score
lol i hate to sound like an idiot but how can i find that update.zip and the patch..

OP
mich1248

mich1248

Reaction score
ok so i installed the zips and i think i messed up my phone..it goes straight to a black screen that says bootloader30.04 battery ok ..etc..can i fix this?

bottleofblues

Reaction score
i followed all the steps for those .zip files too and seem to have the same problem as the OP. black screen with:

Bootloader
Err:A5, 70, 39, 00, 27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

if i connect my USB cable from my laptop to the phone, it changes to

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

i also can't seem to boot into recovery mode. any ideas, or is my phone bricked?

Last edited:

tatuud

Reaction score
i followed all the steps for those .zip files too and seem to have the same problem as the OP. black screen with:

Bootloader
Err:A5, 70, 39, 00, 27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

if i connect my USB cable from my laptop to the phone, it changes to

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

i also can't seem to boot into recovery mode. any ideas, or is my phone bricked?

well if your main goal was to go from 2.3.15 to 2.3.340 than all you really had to was go back to a stock copy of 2.3.15 you hopefully made right after rooting. I believe i read that those 4 files had to be flashed in a specific order, not sure if you did that or not. The 4 files you flashed were mainly for people who flashed the leak of 2.3.320, those 4 files were meant to get them to where everyone else is who accepted the OTA update. Now that you flashed those 4 files you're probably on the most current bootloader/kernal which was the goal after you flashed them. What i would do is flash the full 2.3.320 sbf that is out for 2.3.320. After you have done that than i would use the "system only" 2.3.340 sbf. This should get you up and running. If you should get stuck after flashing that, you should be able to get to the stock recovery by holding the home key and power button, release the power button when you see triangle than hit the search key, from that point do a factory data wipe/reset and you should be ok.

Last edited:

lseaver92

Reaction score
bump.
Same thing happened to me. Any idea on how to get out of it?

BlownSi05

Reaction score
Fab has an ApeX version for 2.3.315. It is ApeX 1.0.2.2

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jcutter347

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me out. If I were to take a back up off of my 2.2.1 OTA (droid x) using rom manager, would I be able to "restore" it like I would a regular backed up rom? We rooted hers a few months ago, and, not knowing certain things, deleted some of the apps like kindle, amazon,etc. Thank you.

Johnnysyeah

Reaction score
I have stock 2.3.15 right now.
Would I be able to use OTA to get to 2.3.340?
Or do I need to manually get 2.3.320 somehow?

jcutter347

Reaction score
If your phone is stock, leave it alone. Is it rooted? Did you remove any apps like kindle, amazon mp3, etc? If you did, you will have to get the apps back on your phone before your phone will install the update. If it is rooted, you will lose root permissions, but z4 root will root OTA update .

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me out. If I were to take a back up off of my 2.2.1 OTA (droid x) using rom manager, would I be able to "restore" it like I would a regular backed up rom? We rooted hers a few months ago, and, not knowing certain things, deleted some of the apps like kindle, amazon,etc. Thank you.

These things will be needed to do any updates to the phone. Here is the link to those files. You need to have an app such as root explorer to put them in the system/app folder.

www.chadhaney.com/droidxdefault

jcutter347

Reaction score
Ok... I put the backup on her SD yesterday, intending on restoring after doing some research. Well, I called to let her know we had a solution and she has already done it. Everything works EXCEPT her music. Nothing from music, pandora, anything. Says it's not supported or something. Any ideas? Also, thank you for taking the time to respond.
The music player says it does not recognize these type of files

Last edited: