2.2 ota update

dantheman

Reaction score
I'm ****ing pissed, I have been waiting ever since their friggin "August 6"bull **** date and I haven't gottten it even when they said that the ota over the air update would be done by the 18th, well I'm here to tell you that's bs. I've been up every night since their other august 12th bs date and I still haven't gotten it and there's no way Id like to do a manual update since over the air is having less problems..someone PLEASE message me and reassure me I'm not being forgotten..

Just who are you pissed at? VZW has never stated that an update was coming in July or August. AFAIK, the only thing they have actually committed to in terms of the Incredible and FroYo is to have it out by Christmas.

VZW didn't say Aug 6, VZW didn't say the 12th or the 18th either. You are getting your panties in a bunch over RUMOR and SUPPOSITION! This is the internet people, folks can make up anything they want and attribute it to any source they want. But until you see something official on VZW's website, I wouldn't give a plug nickel for any of the dates that have been flying around this and other websites.

If it's that important to you, root and upgrade yourself. Skyraider 2.2 is running just fine for me. I think it may actually be more stable than what came on the phone.

Cheers.

dkshaer

Reaction score
Mine arrived at 6:40 PM

Can't tell much different yet. twitter is there and the market has a slightly different look. Operating fine. Lost nothing from my SD card.

Chillenout

Reaction score
My contact in Verizon Wireless Executive Offices said the update was put on hold due to a few issues. They'll let me know when the upgrade will resume.

irishdroid575

Reaction score
Hello fellow droids ( new member & 1st time smart phone owner)

I received the "INCREDIBLE" update this morning. Install took a couple of
minutes and reboot was successful.
I did have my radio active when i click "OK" for update; now i'm stuck
with the "force close never ending loop. process.com.htc.fm
unexpectedly closed. please try again.
tried reboot, removal of battery - no success. i will search the forum
for help.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
First let me say Welcome to the Forum...second, if it was the OTA from VZW that messed your phone up, you can bring it in and they will either fix it or give you a new device, possibly an Incredible with 2.2 pre-installed, there have been a lot of reports of the OTA doing internal damage to devices, it makes me wonder if I should push it manually to my wife's Incredible or not

kmo

Reaction score
Stop the rumors, froyo is still moving forward. Just got my 2.2 update installed. 9am pst, S.F. Ca.

Reaction score

I received the "INCREDIBLE" update this morning. Install took a couple of
minutes and reboot was successful.
I did have my radio active when i click "OK" for update; now i'm stuck
with the "force close never ending loop. process.com.htc.fm
unexpectedly closed. please try again.
tried reboot, removal of battery - no success. i will search the forum
for help.

For something as serious as that you may have to take it by a liscensed store and have them do some of their hoo doo magic on it.

keltik

Reaction score
New to forum too..

I joined because I was hoping to find out some info on the following issue:

Rooted the phone when I purchased it > received the update request this morning > failed to install > unrooted phone > tried to manually install, but now it is saying key authorization failed.. sigh.

kenbiz

Reaction score
Mine updated this morning about 8am new York. Only had this phone a week or so. Don't see any difference yet. Can I record in be now? Noticed there's a few more apps on my phone flashlight is cool.don't see what the big deal is with this froyo.

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
did the OTA update change anyone's security preference? I had my Incredible on LOCK Immediately and the update changed it to wait 5 minutes. Strange?