HTC Incredible Update 2.2

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
is that really true? if we're rooted, we won't be able to get the update?

That is correct....

oh that sux. i'll just wait for a 2.2 rom (with the 720p) after it's officially released i guess.

Technically if rooted you will not get the update from VZW. But within days if not hours you'll have a better version of it. I have never used a VZW update with the last 3-4 yrs in cell phone use. I find them to be garbage.

philaPete

Reaction score
20 bucks?!

I just found out Verizon will charge $20 a month for using the 3G Mobile Hot Spot, with a 2GB limit. That sucks. I think I'll not be using that feature. :(

Last edited:

BobbyHurley

Reaction score
2 does anyone else have a problem with the blank screen while on a call i'm always rotating my phone so the screen will appear so i can look something up while on a call

YES! Last night I was trying to check voice mail and when I pulled up the keypad to enter my passcode, the screen kept disappearing. I like the fact that it automatically dims the display when you put it up to your face to talk, but this was annoying.

Any remedy?

kmo

Reaction score
That is correct....

oh that sux. i'll just wait for a 2.2 rom (with the 720p) after it's officially released i guess.

Technically if rooted you will not get the update from VZW. But within days if not hours you'll have a better version of it. I have never used a VZW update with the last 3-4 yrs in cell phone use. I find them to be garbage.

Absolutely, rooted you have some options. As far as your statement updates being garbage, I believe you may be a little off when it comes to this froyo update. I'm sure you realize that. For those who aren't going to root this froyo update is going to be a big upgrade.

Last edited:

jday007

Reaction score
how will you out put the 720p? does it require a hdmi cable or just regular audio and video?

Last edited:

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
720p

You will have to use usb to HDMI cable. Have not seen one yet.dancedroid