2.2 Froyo Issues and Questions? Come in Here.

Reaction score
2.2 trackpad sensitivity problem

Ever since I updated to 2.2 my trackpad has been crazy sensitive I used to swipe my finger and it would go down one like now it goes like a whole page anyway to change that?

fotc

Reaction score
'spare parts' is an app that has a setting for the transition speed between windows and screens. you could try that

IncredibleUser

Reaction score
FroYo is sucking my battery

I used to be able to go from 6am to about 5pm on my 1750 extended battery. But, since FroYo I need to replace the battery about 1pm.

What the heck happened?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would be giving this advice even if you were still getting 11 hours on the 1750 battery: search for and read every battery thread you can find without regard to which phone it was aimed at. There have been many, many good tips/suggestions in the past 3-4 months and you need to find some of them. I've read almost all of them, but I've never had battery life that horrible so I don't remember much about them. Good luck.

alexdeluxe

Reaction score
Oh and I recall my sync settings for Facebook and some other things being changed when I upgraded.

davea

Reaction score
2.2 OTA Question...

I am kind of new to the droid thing so be patient.
I did the 2.2 OTA thing using the update.zip file. Am I done now, will Verizon try to push the "real" update to me or not?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The update you installed is the real update, so the OTA should recognize your device as being up to date and bypass you

GimpyPilot

Reaction score
I am having similar issues as well. Battery life was so bad I went out and bought the big extended battery - still sucks.

1 15 minute call, I Heart Radio running at low volume with headphones for 1.5 hours now, I place the screen off when not checking e-mail, and I am at 60% after 3.5 hours. This with the 2150 mAh battery.

The Systems page says usage is 35% for Android System, 22% for Cell Standby, 16% for Phone Idle, with the remaining 27% split across Display, Voice Calls, Mediaserver and Dialer

I removed Advanced Task Killer and JuiceDefender last night to let FroYo do its' thing with battery management that some of the guru's say it should do on its' own, and I am not impressed.

This battery issue is ridiculous and makes the phone unacceptable for travel use if you don't have access to power. I am leaning towards putting JuiceDefender back on since battery life seemed to be better yesterday - but this runs counter to what Google and the guru's say.

What gives?

Also, anyone else noticed a wonky lag or hesitation with the browser after FroYo?

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One suggestion I was given was to let the battery run down until the phone turns off. Then recharge. This gives Froyo a chance to learn about the battery it's using.

It worked on my Droid 1 and it may work on the Incredible.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
SEVERE Internet Lag With Froyo?

Anyone else noticing this? It think it may be with websites that have flash or a lot of advertisements, but websites with a lot of media (webcomics, flash vids, or fancy web layouts) have horrible lag on my phone now. Zooming in is a little sketchy, and moving the page around with my finger is choppy.

Anyone else noticing this issue? Any advice/tips?

Reaction score
I have noticed that. I've also noticed that its harder to get my phone to switch between lanscape and regular view. It likes to stick on the landscape view.