2.2 Froyo is out OTA

T-Rob

Reaction score
My wife's phone got prompted a couple hours ago to download the new 2.2...I downloaded it for her and everything went flawless. Phone is definitely running a bit better!

drew

Reaction score
Mother-in-law got it too this morning. Did it her self, and then walked brother-in-law through moving apps to the SD card. Should be a big improvement for Ally users.

hoggman187

Reaction score
My Ally downloaded 2.2.1 yesterday and I certainly noticed some changes. The one I was most interested in was the ability to move apps to the SD card. However, of all my apps only 2 had the button to "Move to SD Card" active. For all the others it was grayed out. Any idea why this is?

fallenshadow114

Reaction score
My Ally downloaded 2.2.1 yesterday and I certainly noticed some changes. The one I was most interested in was the ability to move apps to the SD card. However, of all my apps only 2 had the button to "Move to SD Card" active. For all the others it was grayed out. Any idea why this is?

Apps2sd is completely done by the dev. If there's no option for it then that's because the devs haven't made there app to do it. So far as I know at least.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Fallen is correct. The apps that were/are available for the Ally weren't built when the os had the option to move the apps to your SD card. If the developers are still supporting their apps then look for future updates to include this option.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hoggman187

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. Hopefully the updates will have that option. Even this app can't be moved!

Sandso9

Reaction score
Mhm I keep checking on my moms ally and it doesn't find an update.

Via Droid

collinjm01

Reaction score
okay, my GFs ally is already rooted and running Velocity v4, What do i need to do to get the 2.2 OTA? She got a Text saying she can download it, but i guess Velocity blocked it. Please let me know :D

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't need to worry about OTA updates, so long as your ROM developer can keep them updated.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mbx5brian

Reaction score
The alley 2.2 upgrade went thru fine but about 4 days the was not getting text mess also not getting phone calls and e-mails i went to verizon and they said that there was a problem so they are going to send me a new phone there was four othere people with the same problem.I just got the droid incredible.

Last edited:

suthernswang

Reaction score
Restore your backup you made before you flashed your ROM. Once your back to it you should be able to receive the OTA to 2.2