2.2 broke incomeing and outgoing phone calls

sneakumlax

Reaction score
After updating my DX to 2.2, when I make/receive a phone call, I can not hear the caller and the caller cannot hear me. The call goes though since I am able to see the timer start. Any suggestions? Thanks!

liferefugee

Reaction score
silly question, but have you tried a reset of your phone, or do you have a bluetooth device that may have picked up the call?

brucefan42

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. At first, only the mic stopped working. People could not hear me talking, but the speakerphone worked fine because it uses a different mic. Now 3 days later, I can't hear anything on the speakerphone, or in the earpiece, yet if I go to Pandora or play a video, I get sound thru the speaker. Oh, and Google voice search works fine.

It's a great PDA, but I wanted a PHONE too!!!

I should add that I did the Factory Reset and it did not fix the problem. I had a stock 2.2 "phone" at that point and could not make a phone call. I have a replacement (aka refurb) coming on Monday. I had hoped that mine would start working again before I had to switch to a refurb but no such luck.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Reaction score
Mine did this when I upgraded. Read for hours, freaked out, wanted to puke.

Took battery out for like 10 minutes. Has worked fine ever since.

Sledgod2

Reaction score
Mine did this when I upgraded. Read for hours, freaked out, wanted to puke.

Took battery out for like 10 minutes. Has worked fine ever since.

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't hearing any calls incoming or outgoing and after pulling the battery for 10 minutes all is good again.

gagtjnky

Reaction score
Cannot hear incoming caller on Droid 2

New Droid user...

Recently had the same thing happen to me... I was not able to hear incoming callers although they were able to hear me...Outgoing was the same...

Removed battery for 10 min as suggested in previous posts and all is back to normal...thanks for the posts...

funkystage

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot -- resetting my phone worked

liferefugee got me back on track. After 10+ plus years in IT -- I cannot believe I forgot the old reboot.