No sound on phone calls - random

kennyc

Reaction score
2nd time in aweek of having the droid x that when i pick up the phone, i can't hear anything. turns out my callers can't hear me either. making test calls out same thing.

a reboot fixes it. however this is not good enough as this phone is used for business and already caused me a delay in receiving an important phone call.

anybody else have this issue?

happening to me too

Please go post your issue on the Verizon and Motorola forums (links above):
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...no-sound-phone-calls-random-3.html#post866067

p51d78th

Reaction score
I am running Rubix 1.6 Focused and had the issue today. So it may actually be an OS problem itself.

dw1256

Reaction score
I have the same issue, no sound during calls every now and then. Someone said earlier that they suggest rebooting the DX every day. Well, I shut mine down every night and still have the issue.

Am I supposed to start it up in the morning and then reboot it again. Seems rediculous.

Any word on a fix?

kennyc

Reaction score
I've only had the problem the one time -- immediately following the o/s update. My new problem is that it lost my ring tone a couple of times recently.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
yr off/on button at the top of the phone
hold it down (very hard) for 10sec or so,
let phn power off
wait 10+ sec
and then power back on.
this seems to reset the sound
hope this helps.

Fenway72

Reaction score
This happens to me too. Usually once per day. And I'm on a Droid 2. Running deodexed stock and 928 black glass. Started happening a few days ago. Reboot fixes it.

I'm wondering if it has to do with verizon updating to the 4g system. Would be remiss to think that that would go in without a hitch, ya know? So maybe it's a carrier issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Bro KV

Reaction score
I have had this happen since I have been with Verizon. My BBs, XV6800, Imagio and Droid have all done it. It just happens every once and a while.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kennyc

Reaction score
I have had this happen since I have been with Verizon. My BBs, XV6800, Imagio and Droid have all done it. It just happens every once and a while.

So you've had this happen with different hardware, different OS's, and all on Verizon? And it was fixed by restarting/repowering the phone?

Bro KV

Reaction score

So you've had this happen with different hardware, different OS's, and all on Verizon? And it was fixed by restarting/repowering the phone?

Sometimes it would just work the next time I tried to call out but for the majority of the instances I had to reboot the phone. The BBs are the worst cause they take forever to reboot. My DX just did it this afternoon and I rebooted. It maybe happens once/twice a week tops for me. Happened more on my BBs though.

western1

Reaction score
Droid Pro Voice Privacy Settings

Ditto. I *just got a new Droid Pro in the mail. Turned it on, browsed, emailed, Facebooked, etc. Got a phone call and couldn't hear a thing, but phone showed I was connected. The person on the other side couldn't hear anything either. I went Menu > Settings > Call Settings > Voice Privacy and disabled Voice Privacy. Now I can hear and talk on calls...

How many of you have the "Voice Privacy" setting enabled in the the Calls menu under settings? I "HAD" it enabled and lost my inbound and outbound sound today. I unchecked it and things seem fine. Not sure if there is a relationship, but I did find at least one other post that referenced the sound issue being fixed by un-checking the enhanced privacy option.

OTA 2.2 since last week w/ Launcher Pro Plus.

ricks

Reaction score
My X has been doing this every once in a while. Verizon and Motorola have no clue. They say they never heard of this before. I turn my phone off every night and when I power up in the morning, I have to make a text call to make sure it works.

weismanm

Reaction score
I have a D2G with mfg extended battery and this happens to me every few days. Very annoying. What I have found, is that if I turn the speaker on and off, it immediately fixed the problem, but it's still annoying. I will keep browsing the site to see if I find any answers. In the meantime, please ping me with any advice if you already know the solution. Thanks.