2.2 and root users

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
So at this point with knowing some of the details about 2.2 why root? Yes you can do custom roms and such but I mean some of the stuff that made rooting great is coming soon so I'm just curious as to why do it with 2.2 coming

Atleast just enlighten me :icon_eek:

nyijedi

Reaction score
So at this point with knowing some of the details about 2.2 why root? Yes you can do custom roms and such but I mean some of the stuff that made rooting great is coming soon so I'm just curious as to why do it with 2.2 coming

Atleast just enlighten me :icon_eek:

Why root? Because based on Motorola's rollout of the 2.1 update, you won't be getting 2.2 on your unrooted phone for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Last edited:

mikecolorama

Reaction score
overclocking and endless customization. there really isn't anything that can't be changed on your Droid.

superglen99

Reaction score
yes, instead of waiting till 2011 to get 2.2 you can get it in a few weeks shortly after the source is released, no brainer.

Droids

Reaction score
Yes, overclocking, and running apps like setcpu and root explorer. Just because 2.2 adds great features and some we're already accustomed too, doesn't mean there won't be a whole more to customize in the near future. There will always be a good reason to root.