Rooting droid 2.2 froyo

todiefor111

Reaction score
I am running the updated 2.2 with flash on my droid i am not rooted anymore but thinking about rooting again..but dont really know anything about the new roms that are out any suggestions on roms that are better then the stock 2.2 and also where i can find them ill be rooting with rsd lite...easy root is unavailable..any suggestions would be great...thank you

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dude...Im dumb and I just did it today. There is a ton of info on how to root your 2.2 frg22d on here. A lot of people have the link in their sigs..

or you can google it..

Droid 1 root not matter what your OS is.

you will find the detailed instructions on doing so...its really pretty simple (even though it is a lot of reading)

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
how did you root yours and what rom you running and do you like it better then the stock 2.2

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm on CM6 and yes, I like it a LOT more than stock. It's stock-like but it does, well, every last thing you can imagine that the hardware is capable of and a heck of a lot more.

And then it does even more.

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
ive never done a rom this way do i just do it as a update zip and boot into recovery and install or is there more to it..im using rsdlite

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
my bad i see i just flash the rom then flash the google apps but how do i know which apps to download for droid..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Have you followed the instructions in the first link I gave you? If so, you're using SPRecovery. If not, RSD Lite will be no help to you.

If you're using SPRecovery, I'd recommend you read part of the first link in my signature (the first and second posts) and see if that gives you a better idea of what you're doing. In particular, the video I linked to in the first post will show you exactly what to do.

Remember to make your backups! :)

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
ok makes sense the only thing i didnt see in the video was adding the google apps im just not sure about that part how to do that but i already downloaded both and the rom is on the sd card name changed and ready to go just need to no how to install the google apps after

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
so lets just see if i got this right sorry so dumb with all this i put the rom on my sd card change the name to update.zip then boot in to recovery then do the update after the rom is installed then i do the same to the google apps what should i name that and do i put both on the sd card first cause i cant name them the same and i cant add it after correct.

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
and thanks for all the help bro sorry for the dumb questions most people would have left me in the dark already..lol