I have 2.1 rooted/ROM and want to go to 2.2

pudah

Reaction score
Hi all... please forgive any repetition found in this thread. I'm sure all parts of what I'm asking have been covered at one point or another in many other threads, but I'm trying to get some simple suggestions, and maybe a simple 1 stop guide in this thread for myself and people like me, so please refrain from flaming, and thanks in advance for the help.

I was pretty active in here and with modding my phone. I rooted with 2.0 and played around until 2.1 came out. I added SPRecovery, and Pete's ESE81 ROM with an Adamz Kernel for overclocking. I also added Helix Launcher and had everything I wanted/needed, so I didn't need to tinker much and fell out of the loop. Well now 2.2 is here and I want to have Flash, and I kind of want to get back to a stock ROMless world. Ideally I'd like to get the 2.2 update, then the flash update, and do a simple ROOT and end up with an otherwise stock 2.2 that is Rooted, SPRecovery added, maybe a Kernel for overclocking, Wifi thethering, Busybox, PDANet, etc., and call it a day.

Is 2.2 rooted yet, or is it like 2.1 where you can update to a ROM that has all of the features of 2.2? If so, how can I go what I described? I need to get back to a state where I can accept the 2.2 update, then root 2.2, etc. Any suggestions for making this happen smoothly?

Last edited:

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
check out some of the custom roms, almost all of them are froyo now. you can find my froyo rom in custom rom>Insaneneiviesis. but there are others out there just look around and find one you like.

OP
pudah

pudah

Reaction score
check out some of the custom roms, almost all of them are froyo now. you can find my froyo rom in custom rom>Insaneneiviesis. but there are others out there just look around and find one you like.

The point was that I dont want a custom rom and all of the bugs that come along with it.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

The point was that I dont want a custom rom and all of the bugs that come along with it.

umm.. ok you can download a leak from my droid world. i dont know where to find them here.