2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised people compare Droidmod to actually having the ese2.1 roms that are out there. Big difference. Droidmod is simply a 2.0.1 rom with some 2.1 stuff put in. Not nearly as nice as the actual 2.1 roms that have recently been available. Try Bugless Beast or Blackdroid Ultimate rom and then see what you think.....

Man am I glad I did not go back to stock in prep of this OTA.

Why is that? First going back to stock is not giving yourself a post phone. Stock Droid is a great phone. I think I like it better then Droidmod. It took me two minutes to get back to stock and about 5 minutes to root and install droidmod.

Trust me I don't regret it at all.

Thats because DroidMod team has ethics....everyone else is a warezing thief.
:icon_eek:
We have ethics, sorry if that messes with your timetable. - DroidMod

this entire thing is so insane. i don't even care about the stupid update anymore as there are so many roms out there that are more fun to play with anyways. the problem i see is the incompetence of motorola. there is no way it should be this complicated to push out a small update that a bunch of 14 year old kids are able to push pretty well so quickly after they have access to the information. i'm not really dissatisfied with my droid, but i'll never purchase a non-google android phone ever again.

this entire thing is so insane. i don't even care about the stupid update anymore as there are so many roms out there that are more fun to play with anyways. the problem i see is the incompetence of motorola. there is no way it should be this complicated to push out a small update that a bunch of 14 year old kids are able to push pretty well so quickly after they have access to the information. i'm not really dissatisfied with my droid, but i'll never purchase a non-google android phone ever again.

If you REALLY don't care about the update, why're you in an UPDATE thread???

Lulz, you think Motorola is the one messing this up.

I'm surprised people compare Droidmod to actually having the ese2.1 roms that are out there. Big difference. Droidmod is simply a 2.0.1 rom with some 2.1 stuff put in. Not nearly as nice as the actual 2.1 roms that have recently been available. Try Bugless Beast or Blackdroid Ultimate rom and then see what you think.....

Why is that? First going back to stock is not giving yourself a post phone. Stock Droid is a great phone. I think I like it better then Droidmod. It took me two minutes to get back to stock and about 5 minutes to root and install droidmod.

Keep it cool. I preference this by saying I am running DM and plan on staying there until we know whats the deal with the ota. With that said the tech who leaked it is the one who is mostly at fault. I can see the devs cutting it up and since they did not sell it they did not break any laws.

Not sure what you mean, however it doesn't take away from the fact that the ese 2.1 roms are much better. I understand that Droidmod is easy, and that's awesome, but no comparison to a real 2.1 rom. Actually the same build everyone is waiting for.... lol

Not sure what you mean, however it doesn't take away from the fact that the ese 2.1 roms are much better. I understand that Droidmod is easy, and that's awesome, but no comparison to a real 2.1 rom. Actually the same build everyone is waiting for.... lol

I was just saying thats why they have not moved to 2.1.

Don't read too much into it ;)

Tired of waiting for Verizon's hit or miss 2.1 update, going to install UD v7.8 and chevy 1.2ghz kernel.

Anyone think thats a bad idea?

i do think it's motorola messing this up. i don't remember at&t ever holding back any updates and i'm pretty sure there's more iphones out there and that verizon has a better network. maybe it is verizon, but i just don't see it. lulz @ lulz, who types that? :heart:

has anyone even received the update yet?

i think 1.2 ghz is a little crazy but i haven't rooted my droid so i don't know the OC parameters.

Motorola, google and perhaps verizon are screwing themselves over because this update hasn't hit the air yet and im VERY tempted to root... they have brought this upon themselves though

i do think it's motorola messing this up. i don't remember at&t ever holding back any updates and i'm pretty sure there's more iphones out there and that verizon has a better network. maybe it is verizon, but i just don't see it. lulz @ lulz, who types that? :heart:

People who type lulz type it because it fits a ridiculous post ;)

1. This is not ATT.
2. Motorola is not Apple, and does not code the software. I am almost certain that Apple does not bend over for ATT for software approval either.
3. VZW made the choice to take this long in testing, and to turn down previous builds.
4. Its VZW that gives the go ahead for OTA.
5. Motorola has been providing builds for almost two months now to Verizon with them turning up their nose.

So, hmmm, who is the party that is at fault for this update being delayed.

Hmmmmm...maybe I should sleep on that one....its not entirely clear....maybe....VERIZON?

im just curious as to why a guy on his couch in detroit can build a better rom quicker than they can build a better update? im not hatin im just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back