2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done trying to figure out what's going on. First I see the picture saying the OTA's been delayed. Then I see VZWNetwork on Twitter saying there is no delay (This is a confirmed Verizon Twitter account). And now I see something that says the initial 1000 updates went out but the rest of the updates are delayed. My brain hurts trying to keep up with all these rumors.
I think the rumors are giving you tumors...

We have sources here as well and its my understanding that it was delayed however it could be started again this evening.

No offense Bill, but the great sources that Miami had 2 months ago, that were 100% reliable ended up being a bunch of nothing. You'll forgive me if I suspect that the droidforums sources are no better than me using my magic 8-ball.

We have sources here as well and its my understanding that it was delayed however it could be started again this evening.

No offense Bill, but the great sources that Miami had 2 months ago, that were 100% reliable ended up being a bunch of nothing. You'll forgive me if I suspect that the droidforums sources are no better than me using my magic 8-ball.

There was obviously something if the devs were able to slice it up. Look at blackmod and the other ese53 roms, hence the leaks. Security issues (ie leaks) and the fact that people was starting to realize that the 2.1 3D launcher was too unstable is probably what added to delays.

Stock Droid is a great phone. I think I like it better then Droidmod.

There is nothing wrong with you loving stock. No offense intended, but until you install Ultimate Droid 7.8 or one of the other ESE53 roms, you will never understand why he is glad he did not go back to stock. Just like you, I ran the Droidmod rom and thought what is the big deal. I saw no advantage to it outside of wifi tether. Then, I took a chance with UD 7.8 and I quickly became enlightened. The speed and smoothness is head and shoulders above a 2.01 rom. Also battery life is much better *and* no FCs. Due to the ease of the install and people's desire to get the 2.1 ota update, I cannot begin to imagine why they are waiting for the ota to run 2.1.

I'm glad I did not go back to stock in prep for the OTA because if I had I would be impatiently awaiting getting the update which now may or may not have been delayed

I in no way expressed a dislike for a "stock" Droid. Nor am I one to push rooting. To each is own.

Is the update going to be pushed to root user on their sd cards? It would be nice to have the official 2.1 in case I want to go back to stock.

Officially 9pm east coast. So we shall see in a mater of mins.

Why still worry, I'm betting there will be nothing at all this weekend.

My iphone is looking good right now... Im running cyanogen 5.0.4.2 on my Droid. I Could care less if it has live wallpapers all i want is better email functions.

If 1000 updates went out I would find it hard to believe that not a single person wouldn't have got on the internet and talked about it in a forum. I will agree however that the distribution amount makes sense. Only a small amount of Droid owners would receive it, not everybody.

Only 1000 of over 1 million Motorola Droids sold received the first wave of the update. Statistically, there's not much chance that even one of those 1000 users ever reads a Droid forum.

I know several people I know with Droids and I'm the only one who reads the Droid forums. Most people could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back