1st Post.. Do NOT Have Phone Yet

Kermit

Reaction score
Tennessee but my heart is on the west coast
I have had Verizon for over 15yrs and I am due for a new phone. I am thinking about getting a Droid but do not know much about them...

Which one should I get? I want to be able to Tether to my Laptop while traveling in my Motor Home.

I will not be using the GPS (I have Streets and Trips)

Thanks for your help...dancedroid

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want a physical keyboard, get the Motorola Droid. If you don't care about that, go with either the incredible or the x. The incredible is on backorder right now and the x will be available on July 15th. The Droid 2 is rumored to be released in August and will also have a physical keyboard. All of them are wonderful phones, so you really can't go wrong.

frozty

Reaction score
On droid you can there, Droid X: you will have to wait till its rooted and proper application comes out to support wireless tether. I think it will not take that long for the droid X to get rooted.

OP
Kermit

Kermit

Reaction score
Tennessee but my heart is on the west coast
On droid you can there, Droid X: you will have to wait till its rooted and proper application comes out to support wireless tether. I think it will not take that long for the droid X to get rooted.

I am not sure I understand rooted and proper application Please remember I am a virgin to "The Droid".....:icon_ banana::):)

thelion

Reaction score
Rooted means, basically, hacking your phone. Breaking through the barriers to gain full access. "Proper application" is referring to an app you can download to your phone to allow for tethering to your laptop.

razorseal

Reaction score
yes you will be fine. There are apps out there that you can use to tether WITHOUT having to root your phone.

that being said Droid X will have tethering as well. If I were you, I would probably just get the current droid, I don't think you will need the capabilities of the X. the droid will do everything you need it to, and it's cheap now