Stock Froyo USB Tether?

nukem

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new to posting on the forums but have read them for awhile.

Anyway I just flashed to BB 0.4 after holding out for the last couple of months. One of the first things I tried was the built-in USB tether option. I don't care about WiFi tethering so I saw no need to install another app. While I was able to connect fine I was redirected to a Verizon page telling me I had to add an additional service fee onto my plan. This happened while viewing on my phone and laptop. Am I doing something wrong? Is the only way to not get redirected to this page by using a third party app? If so what do you recommend? Is there one that does USB and Wifi tethering?

Thanks,

nuke

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
There is no tethering plan/option for Motorola Droid......so even though the feature shows in the 2.2 OS, it's not an available feature for Motorola Droid. You need to download a tethering app, either a USB one or a Wireless one. Then you can tether via that app. You can not use the OS's built in tether feature.....

OP
N

nukem

Reaction score
I was a bit board and did some more digging. It seems that Motorola patched google's code to for the Verizon plan when tethering. Thus when using a mod based on Motorolas(BB) code it shows up. If you use a mod based off of google's pure code(SS) it works fine.