16 GB sd down to 3GB help cleanup

citronbull

Reaction score
My X came with a 16 gb and now I only have 3 gb available. What is the best way to clean/defrag my sd card. I delete all the apps and games that I do not use anymore. Am i missing an extra step to remove it from my sd card?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unless you've moved apps to the SD card manually, they don't install to the SD card. Some will create a folder or cache on the SD card, but the install goes to the internal memory.

Do you have saved backups on your device? (if you're rooted)

OP
C

citronbull

Reaction score
I am rooted and I have Titanium backup installed. I do try to cleanup Tibackup from time to time.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you've got backups stored on your SD card those will take lots of space. You realistically only need the most recent, or maybe the 2 most recent, the rest you can delete or transfer to your PC and save there. (but who actually reverts to a backup they had 3 months ago?)

Also if you've got any ROM .zip files on your card, you can remove those as you don't have to keep them for the ROM to run.

w/ Titanium you can set how many (multiple) back up copies it will keep (i think default is 5)

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
How many videos and pictures do you have? I move mine to the PC,and store them on photobucket as well for backup,then delete all but a hundred or so pictures...I have 7.8GB free on my 16G card,and I have over a thousand songs,in my music player,and 700 pictures.....as well as a few full backup files from different points.