$100.00 Trade-In Program - Unable to Redeem Online due to Verizon Wireless Problems.

REMilk

Reaction score
We received the $100.00 gift card for trading in a LG ENV3 for a Droid 3. We ordered 3 items and the total was 97.47. When we tried to redeem the card by entering the card number and pin, the transaction failed. The letter stated it could be redeemed online to buy accessories and the back of the card stated you could make purchases online.

A call to a rude Customer Representative (CR) at the Trade-In Support Center, the card cannot be used online, despite what the letter and card state.

A helpful CR at Customer Service was unable to get the gift card to work, but forwarded me to her supervisor. The Supervisor forwarded me to Tele-Sales, where he said I was next in line. One hour later, while still on hold, I called Customer Service on another phone. This CR said that Tele-Sales had been closed for several hours. Needless to say I was livid! This CR did submit the $100.00 gift card as a credit to my account which I will see in approximately 72 hours.

So now we have a 3-day wait until we order the items.

Verizon made no offer for compensation for the poor customer service and putting me on hold for an hour to a closed department. ;(

Good luck to all trying to redeem the $100.00 Trade-In Program cards.

Bob

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Try calling them back tomorrow when you've had some time to "cool down".

Call customer service again and report the ordeal they put you through, I'm sure they'll compensate you somehow.

Sorry to hear you went through that, everytime I dealt with Verizon (which is very little thank goodness), they were kind and quick to answer any questions or concerns I had.

jseah

Reaction score
Every time I have had ever gotten gift cards from Verizon (i.e. phone rebates), I have always applied them online against my bill. Worked fine for me. When you go to pay your bill online, there even is an option to use a gift card.

DaiquiriS

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I was on hold with Customer Service when I found this forum. When she got back to me, she told me that I had to put in the credit card info, but that my card would not be charged. I followed the instructions like she said and it worked out fine. My confirmation email says specifically that $0.00 was charged to the credit card, total amount to the gift card. Hope this helps someone else since REMilk already got a credit.