+1 to the droid forums

sax5th

Reaction score
when i first got the news verizon was dropping an android device i was more than ecstatic. sadly i had to wait for my contract to be up, finally up! i ordered my droid and it will be here Tuesday i cant wait. good bye windows mobile...finally. Okay but why im really here if there are any tips, hints or just what apps to get, i would appreciate it a lot. i wanna get a jump on this beast. so yea im open minded if theres an app that is a must have or just a neat one by all means let me know!!!

thanks all.
Sax5th.

bbtkd

Reaction score
when i first got the news verizon was dropping an android device i was more than ecstatic. sadly i had to wait for my contract to be up, finally up! i ordered my droid and it will be here Tuesday i cant wait. good bye windows mobile...finally. Okay but why im really here if there are any tips, hints or just what apps to get, i would appreciate it a lot. i wanna get a jump on this beast. so yea im open minded if theres an app that is a must have or just a neat one by all means let me know!!!

thanks all.
Sax5th.

Look for the thread "Verizon tech here - ask away!". It's up to 96 pages, but the salient points are summarized on page 1.

GVLBob

Reaction score
You could also check out the Screenshots of your Droid desktop thread. Indirectly, by seeing what is on various screens, you can get an idea of the popular apps.

lschmitt

Reaction score
Go to the forums page and scroll down to the bottom. There is a forum labels "Droid Applications" and there is all sorts of good stuff in there for you to read about. As for me, I keep trying all sorts of apps until I find ones that I like (which seems to be most I try :) ) I would suggest getting Astro file manager for start, this will allow you to move things around on your phones SD card. Also play around with the widgets and you home screens till you get use to the phone. The best way to learn your phone is to play around with it. You can learn a lot from hands-on.

Welcome to the forums