1 click root method of D2 works flawlessly!

MrKleen

Reaction score
I had been very hesitant to root my D2, but after some reading I used the one click method I found on XDA and it worked flawlessly!

Now I'm back to rooted bliss! I've got Root, Rom Manager (and premium), Bootstrap and am about to try a new rom!

YES!

Go down to the second post and the instructions will easily walk you through root with ONE click! I did this and can tell you it works flawlessly!

Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows and Linux (and soon Mac) - xda-developers

Arsonman

Reaction score
I just downloaded everything but I don't have time tonight to have the time to hook my phone up. I have to leave. I will give this a shot tomorrow night. I just want the wireless teathering for now.

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
I just downloaded everything but I don't have time tonight to have the time to hook my phone up. I have to leave. I will give this a shot tomorrow night. I just want the wireless teathering for now.

How did it go?

I am curious to know if it worked as easily and well for you as it did for me.

After everything was downloaded and the files put in the tools folder the actual process took maybe a minute or so!

Now that I am rooted and ready to go I miss the Rom options that we had with the D1. In Rom Manager there is only 1 rom and it will not even work from there. When I click on Matt's rom it says error downloading list... I have been searching, but there just doesn't seem to be any options. I hope there will be more options at some point.

But at least the rooting part was very easy!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of the better options is 928Droid's D2 theme - it does not "de-blur" if you wanted that, but it looks amazing, and his newest update (supposed to come out this weekend) will integrate new apps/framework from the 2.3.15 release/leak.

It's about the best looking theme I've ever seen...slick and professional.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/928droid/78456-theme-928droid-black-glass-x-droid-2-a.html

Also, look the ROMs section here for other ROM options.

Arsonman

Reaction score

How did it go?

I am curious to know if it worked as easily and well for you as it did for me.

After everything was downloaded and the files put in the tools folder the actual process took maybe a minute or so!

Now that I am rooted and ready to go I miss the Rom options that we had with the D1. In Rom Manager there is only 1 rom and it will not even work from there. When I click on Matt's rom it says error downloading list... I have been searching, but there just doesn't seem to be any options. I hope there will be more options at some point.

But at least the rooting part was very easy!

I'm at work now, I will give this a try when I get home. I have everything downloaded onto my laptop at home, I just want to double check I put everything into the correct folders before I launch this sucker.

Verizon Dragon

Reaction score
I'm using Macbook pro

I followed everything guide says. It say here as an error

./doroot.sh: line ###: ./adb: cannot execute binary file

### means there whole list of em are all in error.

That means sdk needs to update?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm using Macbook pro

It looks easy enough, I was going to try it until this post. I have an iMac.

Arsonman

Reaction score
it says congratulations you are rooted, but I cant find a super user icon or anything.

Last edited:
OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'm using Macbook pro

It is very easy Hook! Just go to a friends pc for a few minutes.

Arsonman

Reaction score
It says 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Verizon Dragon

Reaction score
I'm using Macbook pro

It is very easy Hook! Just go to a friends pc for a few minutes.

I will try, I have only mac laptop. Will get home when I can. Will be home in about 4 days. most houses I visited (family time), been are lacking of speed downloads.

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
One of the better options is 928Droid's D2 theme - it does not "de-blur" if you wanted that, but it looks amazing, and his newest update (supposed to come out this weekend) will integrate new apps/framework from the 2.3.15 release/leak.

It's about the best looking theme I've ever seen...slick and professional.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/928droid/78456-theme-928droid-black-glass-x-droid-2-a.html

Also, look the ROMs section here for other ROM options.

Thanks Redflea, I installed the 928Droid theme and I like it.

I also tried Matt's Epic 2.5 and liked it but went back to stock because I like the Blur messaging widget which had been removed.

Please keep me informed if any awesome rom comes along!

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.... what does this mean?