1 Billion Yahoo Accounts Were Comprimised By 2013 Hack.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We were informed by Yahoo back in September that a 2014 Hack by a "state sponsored actor" left more than 500 million accounts compromised. Today we found out about a second Yahoo hack this time double the accounts were accessed and this hack was carried out by a totally different group in 2013. This means that possibly more than 1 Billion accounts were affected. If your account was one that was hacked you should have received a notification from Yahoo. You will no longer be able to use unencryped security questions to access your locked out account. Obviously if you are a yahoo user your should immediately change your password if you have not already done so from the last hack.

via Yahoo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, changed password and the my account was immediately locked out from everything except my PC. Good job Yahoo! Still can't access it from phone or tablet. They screwed something up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm back into my account from my phone as of this morning. Might be time to close that old Yahoo account once my car loan is paid off, that and Amazon are the main reasons I still use it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I have a yahoo acct for fantasy football. That's it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Got an email from Yahoo notifying me about this a couple days ago. I guess I should get around to changing my password

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I got the email and did everything they suggested. Thought about it and said to myself, why do I need this account? Looked around and found links to change everything but nowhere to simply delete the account. So I still have a yahoo account that I use for nothing but spam.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got the email and did everything they suggested. Thought about it and said to myself, why do I need this account? Looked around and found links to change everything but nowhere to simply delete the account. So I still have a yahoo account that I use for nothing but spam.
I think these are the steps I used to close my wife's account about 6 months ago.

Close your Yahoo account | Yahoo Help - SLN2044

R

RETG

Yahoo? I had them yeas ago, but closed it many moons ago.
But I am so glad that all you US taxpayers out there are helping to pay for my identify protection.:):D

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yahoo? I had them yeas ago, but closed it many moons ago.
But I am so glad that all you US taxpayers out there are helping to pay for my identify protection.:):D
How so?